MA Audio 18" or any other 18" subs

Bronze Member
Username: Jdub_dub

Post Number: 42
anyone with experience have an opinion on the MA audio 18" sub i think the model number is MA1800XL. How would 2 or 3 of these compare to my 3 15" alpine type r. i have an extended cab truck with no back seat so space isnt a problem. does ma audio make quality stuff or what? and if not what other 18" subs would you recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 861
MA Audio isnt really a quality company. They are along the lines of audiobahn. High failure rates and low SQ plague MA.

as for a suggestion, first let me ask you a question...what is your budget and are you looking for strictly SPL or spl/sq?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
im lookin for somethin along the lines of the alpine type r. my budget for the 18s would be whatever i get for the 3 of them in the box i built for it plus what ever i can come up with. probably like $700-$800. and i dont know if i want it ported or sealed. either would work.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 862
so you have ~$800 for subs...right?

Good choice would be something like: re sx, re se, jl w3v2's, soundsplinter RL-p, or those type-rs.

If you have to cash for a 2000-3000wrms+ amp(s), i would definitly say RE SX's or SS RL-p's. (i have an RE SX...its an amazing sub) A 3-15" of RL-p's would be ~$750+shipping and 2-18" RE SX's would be ~$650Shipped.

either would be a good choice.

You just better have some more cash set aside for alternator, batts, and amps. (alot more) It you end up running 2000wrms+, you would need a 200A+ alt and prolly a deep cycle batt. The alt and batt will prolly set you back another $500...plus the cost of whatever amp you get.

oh...a few more questions. What is the loudest vehicle you have ever been in, and what was in it? And just how loud do you wanna get?

zook
Unregistered guest
kicker cvr18 $200 1000rms 2000peak

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
im really not too worried about exactly how loud it is. the loudest ive ever been in was prob my extended cab f150. 3 15 type rs pushed by a jbl1200.1 (and yes i have a 200 amp alt and yellow top batt). but its good enough i more just want to get 2 or 3 18s because it would be unique in the city i live in. any other suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 162
Sure, get either 2 or 3 Resonant Engineering XXX's. You would need another JBL per sub though. Prob is that you cant get the XXX for awhile. If you want pure SPL, get 3 18" MT's. There is also an 18" SX model as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
where can i buy from re?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 113
www.reaudio.com or call them up

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
off subject but ... mike jones has 4 18"s anyone knows who makes them ?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 681
lol i know. SWISHAHOUSE!

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 23
I would go with the JL 18w3v2. They only take 500 watts rms but you know they will be xrazy! Caraudiomag did a article on them, check it out it is a really good article. It shows how many dbs it hit with them sealed and vented. http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0106cae_jl/

zook
Unregistered guest
i would go with kicker 18
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us