Do different speakers sound better for different kinds of music?

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 32
I am looking for a set of component speakers that will hit hard for rap songs but will sound good for rock songs. The two im looking at in my price range are kicker ks series or eclipse. What do you guys reccomend and do different brands work better for rap vs. rock songs?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4482
Generally, component speakers suit themselves to certain music material. Really, though, it's more about the quality of the recording you're using than the actual music genre. The other is personal taste. Just because you may like music with strong treble doesn't necessarily mean you'll want a component system that adds to it. But, for others, that would be the case. Best thing to do is go audition as many sets in your price range as possible. Also, what kind of vehicle is this going into, and how do you plan to install them?

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 34
they are going into a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse and I am gonna run them off a 100x4 rms rockford fosgate punch series amp

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4494
For your budget, I'd say look into Resonant Engineering RE comps, Infinity Kappas or even Kappa Perfects if the budget allows, and CDT.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2064
Jonathan have you heard the RE comps or the INfinity kappas and perects ?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4495
Yup, all of the above. All great sets for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 456
how about the xxx components? They look like they'd pack quite a punch in the midbass region but it could be a while before I'd be ready to buy a pair of convince someone to buy them :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4499
The XXX components aren't out yet. The midbass driver is out, but if I were to get a midbass of that caliber, I'd rather have the Adire Extremis midbass driver. Overall better driver IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us