Hooking up speakers Q...

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 46
i wanna go from pos to ps then neg to neg back to the amp. my question is how do you do this correctly without losing quality?? do i solder onto pos then solder from pos to pos, etc?? or is there a way to splice the wire or whatever. i've never done this stuff before, but i have all my system and am ready to start trying, lol... any help a.s.a.p. would be greatly appreciated cuz i'm anxious, lol.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
but for the subs i guess i wouldn't be soldering so would i just put both ends of the wires in the same hole?? or just a continuos wire through pos hole of woofer "A" to pos hole of woofer "B" ???

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 794
You're confusing me. You could solder the wire to your speakers or crimp them good.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 795
Are you talking about speakers, or subwoofers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
sorry, i confused myself, lol. i was talking about both, but remmembered that the woofers have the voice coil that obviously i don't want to solder onto. i guess i'll solder the speakers, but with the woofers would i run the positive through woofer "A"'s voice coil striaght through to woofer "B"'s positive voice coil and then same with the negative??? or do you need to some how splice the wire to make now two seperate positive wires and run them seperateley yet still in series (amp positive to woofer "A"'s positive to woofer "B"'s positive and same with negative) sorry if i confuse the sitiuation. i just don't really know how to explain it any better, lol....

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 802
go to www.rockfordfosgate.com and go to woofer wiring wizard. They will give you a picture of how you need to wire it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us