Chevy Avalanche Probs

Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 1
If any of you are familiar wid the Chevy Avalanche, you know there is not enough room to work wid when it comes to subs. A friend customed built me 2 10" boxes that fit perectly under the back seats. The prob is every sub I tried didnt sound goood due to the lack of air space. He built me another box for the bed and it sounds good outside of the truck but the cover and midgate that seperates the cab from the bed keeps things air/water/sound tight. What 10" sub can i used under the seat that still has a nice sound? Is the JL 12w6v2 good? Plz help! Email me answers if you have them

Username: Koveaudio

Post Number: 2
try buildign a box for behind the seats, you can make it bigger which will make for more airspace, try making it a sealed box too, just find out how many CF of airspace your box needs and just adjust the front and back panels to give you that amount of airspace, for example, my 15" kove armageddon kxp-15s need 9.00 cf of airspace(ported box), sealed will need less airspace, my subs need 2.75 cf of airspace for a sealed box, much smaller than a vented box.

Anonymous

not everyone on these forums will probably agree but i recomend a Pioneer TSW254C it will perform great in extremely small enclosures ive used one behind my seat in a 96 S-10 and it prolly only had about half a cubic foot and it was pretty loud throughout the truck and outside of it and i fed it with a cheap koiiler 6666 amp which bridged delivered around 170 watts total cost was 145 made the box myself

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 2
Anonymous, I think the space im working wid is about the same as your was working with in your S-10. Its about .5 CF or maybe a tad bit less. Ill look into the Pioneers. And TJ, there is no way to fit a box behind my seats widout removing the midgate. Thx for everything!

Post Number: 3
ah, hm, havent really looked inside of an avalanche, one of my friends has one, but i've never been in it, but hey, atleast i tried!

Post Number: 4
question, is it a crew cab? if so are you going to be hauling people in it?

Anonymous

hey you can look into the alumapro line of subs. heard they work great in small sealed boxes.

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 3
TJ,
Its a double cab but you'll have to look inside one to see what I mean when i say you dont have much room to work with. Thx for the advice Anonymous. Highly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us