New Qlogic vented box

Bronze Member
Username: Koojo

Post Number: 21
A guy I know works at Best Buy and can get me a discount on this. I want a vented box for a the new 12" Alpine Type R sub (SWR-1242D).
The box is the QLH-12512SS. Tuned to 34Hz, 1.25cu ft. Get all the info here:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLH12512SS .

The only problem I see with this sub is that it is 5/8in MDF on all sides except front, where they say it's 3/4in MDF. Not too many people have talked about this sub, so I need some opinions. Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 791
a perfectly adequate enclosure to me is one surrounded by two 1" walls, filled in with cement or sand.
a 5/8" logic box doesn't quite fit my personal bill.
i'm compromising with my 1" box as it is.

imo, you'd be better off building your own.
i think they may even have better ones at partsexpress.com. maybe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well I dont want anything fancy. Two 1" walls is insane, and will probably weigh a ton. I know most people go with 3/4" MDF, so I was wondering how 5/8" MDF would be different.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3978
For boxes over 4cu ft, 1" MDF is better, and 3/4" MDF for anything under. For your 1.25 cu ft, it is adequate. You can always add some supporting frame inside when needed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Oh ok, that's what I was going to ask. Do I just buy some board and add it to the inside? That would just decrease the cu ft though right? Maybe remove the carpet, add some board to the outside, and then recarpet it? Not sure how its done. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 794
i guess my point was that i prefer overkill to an inadequate box. i had a similar one and was very displeased. much of the sound that my subs was producing was being transferred to the box via vibration.
in addition, i had to go back and reseal the enclosure. it isn't well constructed. i don't think many prefab boxes are at all but certainly not the q logic. i would sooner go this route, but that's just my take.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-692

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
That looks like a sealed box, I'm looking for a vented.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us