Certified insatller (glasswolf)

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 142
hey i was wondering what you have to do to be a certified installer and be able to open up your own shop? what colleges and classes to you have to take?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9504
most people I know who own audio stores are businessmen.. they don't know squat about audio to be honest. get your MBA if you want to own the business.

for MECP certification just buy the stdy guide, then sign up for the test when it's offered. Their website has details. www.mecp.com if I recall

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3982
To be successful, you need balance between education and skills. One without the other won't last long.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3451
There are installation schools that you go to. Usually 4 and 8 week programs. You get lots of hands on experience, and also take the tests and meet the requirements to get certified.

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 143
well after high school i get 2 years of free college is there any classes i can take at a regular college that will help me?

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 122
automotive electronics sure would help i bet.
well, they won't teach you anything about car audio, but it helps to know about the car's electrical/charging system on account of it's what your HU, and amps run on!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us