Will this box work

Anonymous

box

would that box be fine to run a 12 in eclipse Ti in?? im in desperate need of help

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 656
sure, why not:-)

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 852
that box will prolly work, but the site doesnt say what that box is tuned to.

I'll sell ya a box i built for an RE X.X.X. 12" that never got used for less than the box on that site. The box has never ever had a sub in it, its just taking up space in my garage. It is 2.5cu ft tuned to 35hz.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 853
here are some pics of the box

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650399/5

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 725
Hehehe. Don't use that box. Trust me, I tore one apart with my Eclipse Ti at 400 watts RMS. If you give that sub the power it wants, it'll blow any prefab box apart pretty quick. For $60 you could build you a nice custom box. That box is 2.28 cu/ft, tuned to 35Hz (I did all the math before I got mine for my last Eclipse). Go with a slotted box, 3cu/ft total, tuned to 35Hz (port should be 12"W x "H x 15"L). I know 3/4 MDF is $18 for a 4'x8' sheet here...

Anonymous

i ended up buying a different box

purchased box

just because i liked the fact that it was 1 in think mdf and a huge box

Anonymous

it says that it is a 83 sq port area- some1 told me that equaled out to about a 32 hrz tuning??

also the 3.32 cu ft will give it a massive amount of air to push

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
3/4" MDF compared to 1" isn't a very big different. I'm talking about the seams that blow apart. Hope it works! And 32Hz is a better place to tune, IMHO. Gives you more extension, but not as loud. Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Firlefanz

Post Number: 67
Hi,
when talking about wood, why do you use MDF?
It is easier to work on but sucks up humidity and breaks out easily (screw holes, corners etc). Specially when maschine screws and self lock nuts are used.

I just use 22 mm (little more than 3/4") birch wood multiplex - sorry don't know the correct phrase in English. It consists of layers of wood glued togehter.

Its harder to work on, but far more stable.

Besides most of the build boxes lack of triangles and stabilizing brackets, which are definetly need for a good enclosure.

PLease don't seal boxes with silicon use acryl, cause of the evaporating acids.

Have you run the tsp's thru WinLSD or other, what did it say?

Anonymous

well what im planning on doing is using another seal to reinforce the already present "company" seal

sound like a good idea- i thought it mihgt be -- if you dont please tell why up for any opinions on how i could make it a little stronger

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 859
....um...i kinda hate to bust your bubble, but the deminsions on that box just dont add up.

if you have a box w/ 83 sq in of port and it is 28"x 15 1/2"x 18 3/8"...and it is made of 1" mdf...it would be roughly 3.33cu ft (gross).

it would be virtually impossible to have a slot-vent port in that box w/ a 83sq" opening!...the port would have to be larger that the box itselft!!!

Who told you that box was tuned to 32hz???...it seems to me like that box is actually tuned at 45-50hz! (with the port being that big)

Anonymous

Model #===============JUGS12S
Total Cu. Ft==========3.18
Per Sub ==============2.43
Openings Available ===1-12"
Port Area=============40 sq in x
Port Depth============16-1/8
FbF3==================47Hz/34Hz
W ====================28
H ====================15-1/2
TD ===================18-3/8
BD ===================18-3/8

now those are the websites specifications and the owners manual specifications-false information on first attempt to gether it

would that leave me able to tune it to 35 Hz or should i go 36??????

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 860
Those specs are a little more like it.

It the volumes and port area are correct on those specs...that box tunes to roughly 34-35hz.

should be a pretty good box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
"That box is 2.28 cu/ft, tuned to 35Hz (I did all the math before I got mine for my last Eclipse)."

Anonymous

ty all for your help and input i really appreciate knowing how to manage my products better

Jake Hill lol i probably hsould have noticed what you said like 8 posts ago sorry bout that but thank you anyway for clarifying this with me

Silver Member

Post Number: 731
Heh. No problem, just here for the ride :P.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us