Is this just normal?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 340
Ok, so I have a Pioneer Premier 470MP HU, 4 Pioneer 3 way speakers, an Alpine MRP-350 amp and 2 12" sony xplod's in a sealed box (I have the Digital Audio 2 channel amp and 2 RE12's on their way). Anyway, when I crank the subs up to max, it takes about 45/60 on the volume to start getting close to the boominess of the subs (they aren't the most accurate but they are loud). I don't have a 4 channel amp and that is not an option due to money/alternator. My speakers work great really without the subs and sound really good but there is just a midrange in there that I am missing it seems. The guitar's in certain songs (others it is fine in) is slightly weak and so is the snare and tom drums but the hihat and cymbals sound tremendous. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I KNOW an amp would but that is out of the question. Any settings/styles of setting it up? Thanks

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 341
Also, for claiming to have one of the best FM receptions out there, I still have trouble keeping stations in tune (could easily be antenna)

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 344
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 143
First thing i would do is check the gain on the amp thats pushing the subs. As far as radio goes, i cant help you there. I only listen to XM and Sirius in my car. I highly recommend XM by the way.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 345
what should I do with the gain on the amp? It is cranked pretty high BTW

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3450
Try setting the gain correctly. You can do it by ear, but using a multi meter is much more accurate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us