15" Sub qestions

Bronze Member
Username: Alastaka

Post Number: 74
I need a 15 inch sub that can fit in a box thats only about 6 to 7 inches with 2 inches of excursion if i loose some excursion i can gain depth but this is going in a ported box under the back seat of my chevy with about 3.5 cubic feet of airspace and it will be ported im planing on running a rockford ti 1000.1 or the lightning audio version of the same amp to it both stable to 1 or possibly less ohms was recomended not to go below a half though. if there is no 15 that will fit that i want the biggest thing that will and if it turns in to a 12 i have infinte possiblities on mounting that i was just trying to get to the lower freq's

Thanks you guys have been alot of help before so i was coming back

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2763
Well, I'd def go with the RF T10001BD amp, and prob go with a 12, and a little bigger box.
How much money are you wanting to spend on the sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Im probably looking at no more then 500 on the sub since i dont want to spend more then 1500 total and the local audio shop will build the box and 0 awg wire and install for 150 and i think the amp from them isnt too bad maybe 748 but i may be thinking of the 20001 i priced it too

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 644
i don't know of any amps that are stable at less than 1ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
they arent addvertised as it and it will void the warrenty but when you work with those quality brands you get a much better product...all you hear on here is hifonics and some other stuff and while it is good it does what it says and no more rockford and lightning audio more so rockford but being they are the same company they both under rate thier products so that they can be used in lower classes. but like the title said im looking for a 15 that can mount in a shallow box of about 6.75 inches yeah i know tight but some brands have the magnet bigger in diameter versus thick ness
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us