Need help Trouble Shooting RF Sub!!

Username: High_rollers101

Post Number: 1
Ok...I have been without my single sub woofer for about 1 month...for awhile my dash would not come on because it had loose wires in the back...but only on hot days would it do this- my sub woofer would do the same thing, but I would start car up...turn the headunit on and then then turn the sub on...well at volume 7 the sub wasnt on...it didnt come on until 17 then a couple of bumps from it...and I was driving on a smooth surface when all of a sudden it wasnt there.. no woofer...then i start it up later same thing happens or i get it for like 2 secs then it shuts off...lately for a couple weeks havent had time to do anything to it...but now I have nothing...never comes on...I turn he woofer on through the unit..and the sound changed my speakers a little...so i assume power is passing through it. Is my woofer/amp/plug on the back of the unit fried? I only turned it on recently and had it all on and wiggled the wires in the back...and nothing changed...thought maybe since it was like 105o that maybe the wires expanded and maybe it was loose... Any tips or knowledge about this would be helpful... my stereo is a Pioneer ...came with the car and so did the RF sub in the back...I am going out to the car now to check the stereo specs and name, and see if I can pulled that SOB POS out...I want to know this so if it is the sub...then I need a new sub...if its the POS headunit, then Ill replace it.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1478
It sounds like the remote wire has a bad connection.

But this lost me:

quote:

I turn he woofer on through the unit..and the sound changed my speakers a little...so i assume power is passing through it.

How did you turn on the woofer through the unit if it wasn't working before? And you're assuming power is passing through what? The amplifier?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us