(pioneer avh6500dvd - screen wont come out

Username: Peeeet

Post Number: 1
Hi, just bought a avh6500 off ebay. To my big disappointment, the hideaway unit was not included:-( Anyway, the seller claims that it will work without. so my question is: will it? i`ve tried all day with no luck. It powers upp ok, can play cds, but the display is dead. shows nothing in front and the screen wont come out.

so what do you experts think? am i an offer of yet an ebay-scam? :-(

thanx

Username: Mclarenmp420

Post Number: 3
I just aquired the same unit, and ever time I've powered it up (via a jump box) the screen has opened. I think on ebay I've seen replacement motors for the screen. You might check those out, hopefully you got a good deal or a non-doa gaurantee. Best of luck, let me know how it goes (I'm dealing with a dead in unit amplifier)

Post Number: 2
The deal wasnt too good either, compared to other units on ebay. But here in norway, i`d have to pay out about 2300 usd for a new one. Damn all those norwegian taxes :P i`ve looked around ebay for the replacement motor you`re writing about, but cant fint any. If you see one, maybe someone could post a link?
And if you would bother, Chris, (im not asking you to, but it would be really nice :P) maybe you could try to disconnect the box, just to see if the same problem occurs to you?

Post Number: 5
If by disconnecting the box, you mean the hide-away unit, it works with our without it. However since my internal amp is dead I need to have the hideaway unit hooked up to get any sound to pass through from a source to a speaker.

And I can't seem to find any motors either... perhaps it was a fluke. I'll keep looking anyway.

I'm going to end up hooking up a DEQ or DEQ plus amplifier to bypass the internal amp. I just have to decide whether I want surround sound eventually or not.

Post Number: 7
If by disconnecting the box, you mean the hide-away unit, it works with our without it. However since my internal amp is dead I need to have the hideaway unit hooked up to get any sound to pass through from a source to a speaker.

And I can't seem to find any motors either... perhaps it was a fluke. I'll keep looking anyway.

I'm going to end up hooking up a DEQ or DEQ plus amplifier to bypass the internal amp. I just have to decide whether I want surround sound eventually or not.

Post Number: 3
opened the pioneer today and found a big rift in the flat cable from the unit to the screen. no wonder the screen wouldn`t respond. also found a broken gear :-( went to a pioneer dealer and ordered the parts. hopefully it wont be to expensive if i can fix it myself.

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 151
good luck. Im glad you could find the parts usually thats the hardest part. Ive fixed a couple head units in my time. Don't worry its not really all that difficult, just take your time and have a steady hand. Plus it sounds like thats a fairly easy fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us