No more power????????????

Bronze Member
Username: Lilbuck12

Post Number: 20
I just went out and bought a brand new car battery for my system. I have it in my trunk running to my system alone. Its running to an Alpin 900x1 with a 1.25 farad cap. After about 5 or 6 hours total of use i have no power to my amp and my cap says 0.00 voltage. Does this mean my battery is completely dead??? Should I just be running my system off the battery under the hood?? I didnt think with a cap my battery would die this fast... please help!

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 436
wow, where does one begin... First of all, if you plan on running your system on this battery, you should have gotten a deep cycle battery because standard car batteries can't handle constant depletion and recharge cycles. Second, a cap will do nothing to prevent the battery from being drained. Third, hopefully you're running this system with a battery isolator, or else your car will no longer start. Finally, and most importantly, your stock alternator can't handle the second battery powering your system, you need a HO alternator. Finally, even when car batteries are fully discharged they never say 0.00 volts. As far as I know, thats impossible, but then again, I've never ran a starting battery into the ground like that before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us