May be a stupid question (sorry in advance)

Noob McNooberson
Unregistered guest
Hey, I know the blue remote wire from the amplifier goes to the back of the deck, but is there anywhere else easier I can put it to?

I ask this because my stock deck is impossible to get behind

N00b McNooberson
Unregistered guest
And out of curiosity, is it possible to run an amp/subs w/o the remote wire?

(2 dumb questions in a row, i rule)

WC
Unregistered guest
Its actually called the remote turn-on wire, the ONLY place it can be connected to is the deck. That wire tells the amp when to turn on and off. Without it, the amp would not work, it wouldent turn on.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 33
Also, if you don't have a direct connect, you'll have to run the remote to a wire on the back of the deck. I had to run mine to the Red (power) wire since my car's electrical system didn't allow for the usual connection to the yellow/orange(illum.) wire. Also, the red is quite useful, as you can run most electronic devices from it, AKA, my windshield washer nozzle lights. Rather than running it to the terminals on the car's lighting system.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9446
most stock radios don't even have a remote antenna wire. if this is a stock OEM radio, just connect the amp to any switched ignition +12 volt spot in the fuse box as a trigger signal.
the amp will be on whenever the keys are in the ignition

WC
Unregistered guest
Also there are RCA audio cables that have built-in remote turn on wire.

Silver Member
Username: Bananakrill

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 143
With some of the JL slash amps, you don't need a remote wire. My 250/1 has a signal sensing switch that you can turn on or off. It senses if there is a signal through the RCAs. Let's see... The 500/1 has it too.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9489
oh yeah or that
thanks
I forgot about that since I so rarely use high level inputs on an amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us