Cd-rs not playing in cd deck well

Nartatodus
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a clarion bd216 cd player in my 1991 toyota camry. Regular cds play fine, but cd-rs play only sometimes and are stopped by disk read errors. What should I do to fix this problem? My ideas were changing the write speed, putting one of those new protective shields that they have on, or buying a different type of cd-r. If you think you can help me aout at all, PLEASE leave a message.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9430
1: use www.exactaudiocopy.de EAC to rip tracks.
then use Nero 6.6 to write to CD.
be sure to close both session and disc before playing.
try a different, better quality CDR media as suggested.
if that fails, the clarion may just not handle CDR media at all, or very poorly.

Username: Tehkrapht

Texas USA

Post Number: 9
How old is your Clarion? I've seen alot of head units from before 1996 that cannot play CD-Rs.

Try a better quality CD-R first, though.

Nartatodus
Unregistered guest
Ok, does anyone recommend I use TDK? I did some research and it seems that a few people had problems very similar to mine and that fixed it. I guess darker cd-rs are supposed to be better. My Clarion is 2001.

Bronze Member
Username: Tehkrapht

Texas USA

Post Number: 13
Yes, TDK is pretty good and inexpensive. They are manfactured by CMC Magnetics if I remember correctly.

Nartatodus
Unregistered guest
Ok, I now believe it is not the cds themselves. Besides I have fuji and maxell. I get ER 3-indicates the pickup focus is off because of scratched disk or some other factor during play(my cds have no scratches as i just burned them). Sometimes when i get this message my cd player makes funny noises and sounds like its spinning the disk too fast and overheating. Also, occosionally an error six which happens for regular cds and cd-rs. ER 6-indicates table of contents cant be read or disk is upside down, a regular cd shouldnt get that message at all. I am going to buy a lens cleaning kit if you guys think its a good idea. The deck is four years old. Sorry, for such a long message!

Anonymous

spray some air spray inside the radio instead of taking a chance and scratching the lens more by using a lens cleaner.. which is a brush glued on a cd that can be as ruff as wool
just insert the stick that comes with the air spray inside the slot where you put the cd and make sure the bottle isnt upside down

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9495
he's talking about compressed air in a can.. as opposed to air deodorizer or hair spray
just to be clear

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 192
I used to have problems like this...did some extensive research and found this out...

When you burn your CD's do them at the SLOWEST speed you possibly can (this gives more compatibility to different brands of CD's & CD players).

I've been burning mine at 4X ever since and have not had the problem since I started doing this no matter what brand of CD-R I buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us