Linking Mp3

Stickyvicky
Unregistered guest
Hello
can anyone help me. I have a sony mp3 player that i want to link to my car stereo. I have tried a couple of fm transmitters but none of them seem that good quality, thay either break or just crackle. Can you buy a new stereo with a line out to link the two, if so can anyone suggest a good one. Or maybe someone can suggest a decent fm transmitter that actually works.

Thanks
V

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9431
Alpine, Pioneer, and a few other quality head unit brands/models offer an iPod adapter or AUX input feature for just this purpose.

avoid sony this time.. they really suck.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 452
If you don't want to replace your deck, look into getting an FM modulator. Its like the fm transmitters you've tried, except it hard wired to your antenna so there is a better signal. If you didn't want to do that, most new HUs from decent brands have an auxiliary input, what you referered to as a "line out." its actually more of a line in, but you had the right concept. What you'll end up buying is the converter that takes your headphone jack and changes it into the 9-pin or whatever proprietary input the HU has. Total cost after you've bought the HU is like $20, but since your taking the signal from the headphone jack, its already been through the player's amplifier, but it will be a little bit better in quality than the fm modulator

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 798
I got me a MOnster mini jack to rca set up that plugs into my aux. Works like a charm, but I still prefer CDs. Picked it up for $2500 at Radio Shack.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 462
^^sounds like you got ripped off.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 830
Now that I read it again, yes it does. I typoed, it was only $25.00. Hows that for egg on my face =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us