Avital/Clifford Alarm Install Problem

Username: Thehitekguru

Georgia

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I just recently purchased an Avital Remote Access 2 keyless entry system. Avital is owned and manufactured by Clifford so the wiring may be somewhat similar.

The problem I am having is that everything seems to work fine except for the fact that the alarm will not chirp when I arm and disarm it. I have followed the wiring diagram and traced my wiring back many times and everything looks and seems to work perfect except for this. I had to program the alarm to enable siren or horn and I enabled the siren but still nothing. If I hit the panic button on the remote the siren goes off with no problems so it seems the siren output is ok ? Does the chirp feature reply upon another wire being connected ? Like I said I went through the installation book and I did everything I needed but no luck. I would appreciate any help that you could provide.

Thanks,

James

Bronze Member
Username: Paradroid

Post Number: 16
Double check you've programmed it correctly by default the 'beep' is off.

Check it beeps twice when programing item "13"

Username: Thehitekguru

Georgia

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply Paranoid. I've checked it over and over to make sure I've programmed it right and I did; made sure the system beeped to confirm each setting I wished to set. Was wondering if I missed something on the wiring but like I said earlier if I hit the panic button the siren goes off as it should. Very strange. I even had a brand new unit just like it (same model and everything) and I have the same problem so that rules the unit being bad. For the siren all I have is the positive directly connected to the battery and the negative going to the siren output (-) on the alarm. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

James
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us