12" 2.5cu ft box for sale

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 829
This is a 2.5cu ft box the tunes to 35 hz. I built it for a guy a while back and he never sent me the money, so it has just been in my garage collecting dust. I has never been used, doesnt even have screw holes in the baffle.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650399/5

All the corners and port are rounded off w/ a router to give it a nice finished look.

make an offer.

(i also have a 10" brahma mk2 for sell and a ported box for it that will fit under the back seat of a 90's model chevy/gmc truck)(make offers)

Username: Fatz

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 6
i live in Bossier City, work in Minden. I need to know the truth. Will this box be too big for a woofer that recommends 1.5cuft sealed? Am I asking the right question? I'm pretty new to this.

And what are the outer dimensions?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 865
its roughly 36"x 15"x 13.5"...those are not the exact measurements, they are just my guess. You see i go to ULM so i dont have the box with me right now, it is at home.

Most of the time vented boxes are bigger than sealed, so i would say yea...it should do pretty well. What 12" are we talking about here anyways?

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 7
It's a Kenwood KFC-HQW250 12" 200RMS 4 ohm single voice coil...what else? I don;t know what you need to know.

I will be pushing it with a Kenwood KAC-859
Rated Power : 40 W x 4 + 120 W at 4 Ohms (5-Channel Mode)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 868
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-12-200w-600w-Peak-KFC-HQW250-4ohm-Single_W0QQitemZ58 02079052QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

^^^is that the sub you are talking about?

i cant find any real info on the sub, so i dont know any of its T/S parameters. Depending on the subs Fs, it should be louder in a ported box.

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 9
I have the T/s parms here. What do you need to know?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 869
all.

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 10
Yeah. That is the one. I bought one from that guy and have bid high enough on this one to probably insure I get it too. But for now, only one. and will be only one for a while.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 871
oh...if you have the manual handy.

does it say anything about vented/ported box volume...or design?

Bronze Member

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 11
It only says "Recommended Box Size = 1.5cu.ft. and then it says, "Recommended port Size = 3" x 7" without commenting on a different box size.

Let me go get the T/s stuff

Bronze Member

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 12
z=4
re=3.80
lbm=0.733x10 (to the 3)
fso=31
zso=20.20
qms=2.792
qes=0.545
qts=0.456
vas=1.48cuft
rms=5.442
mms=63.03
cms=0.198x10(to the -3)
D=215
d=64.80
n=2
b =0.82
BL=9.614
A=130
M=1.8
Total Flux=1.52x10(to the -3)
X max=6

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 872
well...the EBP of that sub ends up being about 56.8.

and EBP of 45 and lower is suggested to be used in a sealed box. 65 and over is suggested to be used in a vented box. Your sub falls about mid-ways, so it should be suitable for either ported or vented.

so yes...that 12" would work in this box. the Fs of the sub is 31hz, and the box tunes to 35hz...so the sub shouldnt roll-off too fast in this box. All you would need is a subsonic filter.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 873
*either ported or sealed*

not "ported or vented"...sorry type-o

Bronze Member

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 13
What is a subsonic filter?

And to make sure...the woofer mounts on the inside of that box?

Hmmm...I'm debating. Would you take 20 bucks for it to get it out of your way? And does it have the speaker connections?

Bronze Member

Bossier City, LA USA

Post Number: 15
I didn't mean to run you off with that price. As close as we are, I should cook some BBQ for us and have you just build me one, eh? I got a nice trailer pit. Check me out at http://www.fatzsbbq.com

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 876
hey man...i just got back online.

i would be more than willing to build you a box but the only thing is, it cost more that $20 just for materials...lol (mdf is $22 a sheet at lowes here in monroe...plus caulk, screws, and time)

I wanna at least get my money back on this box. I'm gonna put it on Ebay this weekend and see that happens.

Being that you are around shreveport, you should run buy Street Creations and price a box there. That should give you a good idea of that "shop-built" boxes cost. (prices are usually insane...lol, prolly more that you paid for that sub.) I will under-cut their prices on just about any box.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 849
http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/wahlsboxes/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us