Full Range Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 14
Alright so I can get some Kicker Full Range Speakers for dirt cheap! I plan on getting 2 pair of the KS 6x9 three way and then a pair of 4x6s and then maybe one of their compnent systems. My question is what do they sound like?Is it good stuff or just crap. I have eclipse 4x6s and 6.5s now and they sound good. But if I do get the Kickers I will be running an amp to the 6x9s and another one to the 4x6s and components.Good deal or not?

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
look i dont have a direct answer for your kicker 6x9's but let me tell you this i have 2 jensen 6x9's they hit no joke i dont car what you say jensen speakers sound good

listen to it and if you like them get it

it will sound good if you have a aftermarket radio

Bronze Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 35
killerzracing i wish you knew what you are talking about...jensens are crap for car audio...like everyone tells you in this forum go for a front stage with the components run a amp to them comps and if you want any rear fill buy some mid ranges also...im not very knowledgable about kickers speakers so cant give you much on that...get in contact with glass or scuba

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
marty-mar i wish you knew what you were talking about first off the jensen speakers are not crap that actually are very good since i dont sell cr#k and dont rob banks like you i guess i am stuck with it oh and as for a system it very good if you want to know what it is just ask

So i obvioulsy dont know what i am talking about

my car http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 37
Thats hilarious...childish insults coming from a childish person...im not going to stoop to your level...anyways ask around see who recommends jenson...by the way nice car

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 796
You will continue thinking that those Jensens sound good until you hear a quality system. That is beside the point.

I would not suggest Kicker for speakers. They have decent amps and subs, but their speakers aren't to great.

Go with a front sound stage consisting of 6.5s and feed them enough power, you will not need rear speakers, but it you want rear speakers grab some mid bass's so they interfere with the stage you have created before you.

Remember, you always get what you pay for.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 797
Why do I not believe that is your car... post a pic of you standing next to the car wearing a chicken suit, and flipping off the camera and I will believe that is your car.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
i dont know about the chicken suit but i could take a pic with me around it though, you are right about me hearing sound quality i realy have heard it yet and therfore i am not conserned with it (and i am broke as a joke) anyway what would be some good cheap componets fot the front sound stage currently i dont have one its just rear and a sub

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 38
Like I said you didnt know what your talking about...David is correct...a front stage set up would be best...6.5 components..if you want to go the cheap route look on ebay for some infinity reference comps they will probably go for around 100....that would be your best bet...and leave the back speakers out but if you do want rear fill for passengers and such...get some cheap mid-bass speakers......oh ya killerz i wanna see that pic buddy

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 33
so marty if I have two 12'' kicker subs and Im looking at a set of eclipse 6.75's for my front speakers I dont even need back speakers? would eclipse 6x9's be considered mid bass?

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 39
eclipse 6.5 components? I was saying if your going for that front stage effect like a concert effect in your car you leave the back speakers out or possibly getting mid bass for rear fill...eclipse 6x9's?....if they are 2 ways or 3 ways no there not mid bass

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 813
With 2 L2's you will need a set of comps that could handle like 125w RMS to keep up.

This is to both Killerz, and Garrett:
How much are you looking to spend on speakers? Do you already have an amp to power them?

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
as for me the cheaper the better i am not trting to spend 400-500 to for speakers

my system right know is 1(pwe 352) @1000watts rms i might switch and use the 2(pwe 354) i dont know

so the cheaper the better closer to a 100 dollars i just cant afford it unless some of you have a used set, oh yeah i was looking at woofertec.com they had mb quart componets for less than 100 sounds fishy is it.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
as for the pic i will have to get someone to take it for me my parents are at work i will have it thought

david as for an amp to power speakers no

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 35
im looking to spend about 200-250 for front and rear components and I have a 100x4 rms rockford fosgate punch series amp running at 2 ohm

Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 3
dang is someone gonna help us garret. they just ask us what kind of money we want to spend then dont stay anything

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 36
no i dont think so. I have come to realize there is way more to systems than I thought and that i will never know it all and have a top notch system. so Im just gonna go with my two kicker comp 12'' subs with a 600.1 @ 2 ohm amp with eclipse components run by a 100.4 rms @ 2ohm rockford fosgate amp. I got it all for like $550-600 so Im happy with that and itll sound good nuff for me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us