Money aint a thang

Anonymous

i want this end of the forum to have a look at these 26,000$ speakers

http://www.highendaudio.com/duevel.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 32
Wow damn those things are expensive and weird looking...never seen a speaker look like that.

Anonymous

one pic has a wizard lookin face in the wood grain

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 416
shouldn't this be in the home audio section? :-)

Anonymous

id have 5 gurus tellin me they've seen better

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9279
pretty cabinets.
dipole speakers. the design has been around for quite a while now though. They're ok, but the design is better suited to surround or rear effects speakers than it is to mains.

If you want to see my favorites for home audio, look at these for $75,000/pair:
http://www.martinlogan.com/statement_speaker.html

you've never heard anything like a set of Statement E2s. Jaw dropping realism.

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 33
Glass, I actually heard these speakers...the sound is unbelievable...I agree these are top of the line...wish I had the money to buy these things.!

Anonymous

eventually we will be able to put a rag on the line.. clip a pair of jumper cables on each end, and watch the wavelength as you hear it :-)

Anonymous

my favorite looking speakers where these sony tower speakers that looked like an upside down waffle cone.. seen them at crutchfield a long time ago and havent been able to find them since.

mrlettucehead
Unregistered guest
75k for the pair? that include any speaker wire with that or that seperate?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9296
interconnects, amplification, and wiring is all separate.
that's just for the two ESL towers and the woofer stacks.
look at what they weigh though.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 749
both of those are beautiful things.
i heard those m. logans sound really sweet. are they more realistic than these alexandria x-2 (wilson)? 125,000/pr. they sure aren't "lookers", so I figure they must sound as nice as the price and rep suggest.
http://www.soundstagelive.com/factorytours/wilson_x2/
(these, on the other hand look pretty sweet).
http://www.sumikoaudio.net/sonus/prod_stradivari.htm#spec
i know oh so little about home audio (outside of Denon and Onkyo)

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 750
snap. those m. logan summits were just reviewed in the new CA&E. made a big deal of the technology.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9306
Wilson makes great stuff, but really I think the Alexandrias look like a mass of plastic that fell out of a Honda's interior.
I love the electrostatics and how they look.. the unconventional mesh screens that handle everything from 250Hz up.. Most people can't even tell they're speakers when tehy see them, which makes it all that much funnier when they hear what those ML ESLs can put out.
I use a pair of Odysseys with a Krell amp myself and bought them because, like the KEF 104/2s when I first auditioned and then bought those, they were the best speakers I'd ever auditioned to that point.

my recommendation is going to www.martinlogan.com and using the dealer locator link to find a close by dealer. Then go audition a set of electrostatics there.. Take some good live/unplugged acoustic stuff with you and see what you think of the imaging and realism of them.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 423
Those Alexandrias have very poor posture but I'm sure they're about as close to heaven as any mortal audiophile has been.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4451
"Those Alexandrias have very poor posture but I'm sure they're about as close to heaven as any mortal audiophile has been."

Just imagine bringing those ugly things home and trying to justify the $125,000 price tag to your wife.

Anonymous

reminds me of the many 80's robots i seen growing up

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 424
"Just imagine bringing those ugly things home and trying to justify the $125,000 price tag to your wife."

I knew there was a reason why I don't have a wife :-)

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 752
"Then go audition a set of electrostatics there.. Take some good live/unplugged acoustic stuff with you and see what you think of the imaging and realism of them."
i have this condition with audio equipment. if it improves sonic reproduction, i buy it (eg, my truck). so i'd be in some serious trouble if i started adjusting finances for a pair. i'm going to fab some panels for my kicks and work some more on implementing that aperiodic enclosure into my setup (based on your suggestion).
once i buy the new crib next year i'll dive in head first with the home audio. those will be the first on my audition list.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 753
yeah. and that serious trouble would be with wifey :-)

mrlettucehead
Unregistered guest
Was kidding Glass (well, sort of) wow does not even include any cable. Don't ever think I will be in a position to ever even THINK of speakers like this but I bet they are incredable.

I guess I just have to go chugging along with my Pioneers and Harmon Kardon rec (the cheapest one by the way) but then again my 2 year old wants to see Wiggles and won't let me watch much else and he don't care about speaker quality) heh heh

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9414
ML makes much less expensive models that are equally amazing.. I bought the Odysseys, which retail for $6500/pair and weigh 110lbs each.
The next step down are the Ascents for $4300/pair at about 75lbs each I think?

There's one other pair between the Statement and Odyssey called the Prodigy.. forgot the retail for those.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 793
thanks. i'm looking forward to it. that's more realistic for me.
what about these Oris'?

Upload

pretty paractical

Anonymous

is that what they have behind the movie theatre screen?

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 34
what the hell is that?!

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 437
those seem very practical, you can be buried in them when you die.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9522
when your wife sees the credit card statement and kills you, more like it.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 815
http://www.hometheatertalk.com/Reviews/My_System/my_system.html

must be nice. had no idea a home system couls get so extensive. nothing simple about this cat at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us