Head units with the most RMS

any1 know?
Unregistered guest
what are ome head units with decently high RMS ratings?

any1 know any with lots of power?

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 17
pioneer deh-p8mp 60 times 4 peak / 27 times 4 rms

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 750
You shouldn't expect your HU to put out much power. You'd be better to get an external amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 18
not eveyone has that kind of money or the ability to install one

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9331
then save up and wait to purchase something that'll serve your needs.. and have it installed by a professional.

the alpines with V-drive offer pretty much the most power I've seen at 26 watts RMS x 4.
These units require a 10AWG wire run directly from the battery and fused to power the head unit with sufficient current for that power.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
i have seen a blupunkunt however u spell it sanfransico i think i have to find the crutchfeild are you ready 33rms watts yes 33 and either a 5 volt or higher pre out

anyway this was when my radio cda-7897 was on top that was 2-3 years ago good luck finding it and keeping it under warranty too but like glass said the alpines are the newest with high rms

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 555
hmmm...blaupunkt isn't exactly high end...so them to have the highest RMS headunit on the entire market by about 10 watts seems nearly immpossible...send us the specs if you can

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 120
DEH-P80MP is the best does 27x4 rms with no modifications such as the Alpine you have to install a bigger wire.

Bronze Member
Username: Bdavis_123

Post Number: 14
how good is the sony xplods these days? are the walmart ones worse than the crutchfield ones?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9379
ben, they all suck, and badly.

drummer, the alpine and pioneer are rated for the same output, so they'll draw the same amount of current. If you think you're going to be able to draw a clean 12A of current through anything smaller than 10AWG wire run 10' or more, you're sadly mistaken. Factory wiring harnesses in cars use tiny wiring, usually about 20AWG.. and that isn't made to support high current draw. That's why alpine requires the direct line to the battery if you want a loud, clean, safe system.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 773
Buying a head unit and expecting it to put out a reasonable amount of power to run speakers ( like 75w) is unreasonable. That would be like buying a Ford Festiva and expecting it to run 12's on the strip.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9410
I've seen a metropolitan that runs in the 7's! hehehe

Shelpie
Unregistered guest
GWolf is right - if the power wire is inadequate (too thin), it will get hot and you could have a car fire. Car batteries crank out enough current to make welder type arcing (sparks), heat, and fire to burn your ride!

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 776
7's.. geez. Let me rephrase that, a stock Ford Festiva to run 12's.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9497
ok hehe that's fair.. this was a blown chevy big block.. it was pretty scary. I had a festiva set up as an IASCA car for some years.. I know how supah fast those cars really are! hehe

hondarider
Unregistered guest
where are these alpines with 27x4 watts rms?

Bronze Member
Username: Suthurnlatino

Post Number: 32
Last years models CDA-9835 9833 have the V-Drive which puts them at 26x4 Wrms 60x4 WPeak. The 27x4 Wrms is the Pioneer DEH-P8MP / DEH-P80MP (regular).

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9543
depends on which alpine specs you follow.. I have a 9813 that says 27x4 right on the box and manual *shrug* not like it matters since you're never going to push a head unit to full volume anyway unless you like 50% distortion.

Bronze Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 99
I have seen a pinto do 10's AND IT DIDNT BLOW UP :-D stupid ford... anyway Get a good head unit and an external amp to power your speakers, it will sound better, go louder and be cleaner i love 4 way speakers, few companies make them but they make a huge difference... Im actually picking up a new/old eclipse HU because i want MP3 playback which I dont have with my current eclipse head unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 16
most likely the motor wasnt stock and had considerable work dont to the internals of the motor
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us