XXV-05V help

Username: Rdff41

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 1
Well, I bought the XXV-05V from Kenwood. It's pretty much the kvt915 wrapped up in a 25th aniv. package from Kenwood. My problems lie within movie playing. I do not have the center channel connected and have it set as none in the speaker setup screen. When I play a movie that has dolby digital 5.1 there is no sub reaction whatsoever (this deck has the decoders built in). The rear speaker output is very very low as well. IF there is it is when a song comes on and it isnt much. When it comes to sound effects though none what so ever! I am lost as to what is causing this. When I load the DVD it will show what audio is being used the 2/0 sounds great, but when it goes to 3/2 it doesnt sound great. Is it thinking there is only two channels thus the reason why it plays only in the front speakers (due to having center channel off). When I do turn the center channel on I think I actually have to have one because I get plenty more bass from the subs, but no sound from ppl talking. Basically highs are not coming in at all. What am I doing wrong? I have never hooked up a Kenwood deck. Is there a way to force it to put out the audio you want it too (if optional on dvd). I am running Infinity Perfect 6.1s and 62.7is. Any help would be much appreciated.

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 2
Alright well I put in a center channel and told the deck it has one now. When I play movies I only get voices out of the center channel speakers. Is this the way it should be? Please let me know!

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 3
I forgot to mention this is only for 5.1 sound. Whenever it can be played in another audio form it sounds awesome. The 5.1 only outputs voices to the center channel and the sound effects goto the front and rear speakers. This sucks for people in the back. How can this be fixed?

Bronze Member
Username: Clethal70

Post Number: 21
You might need a decoder for it. some player require that when wanting to have the full 5.1 sound. If you dont have it the sound will sound a little funny.Also only thing coming out of your center channel should be voices on screen sound like whats in front of the screen.....Sound effects should come out of your surround channels

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 4
It has decoders built in though. I dont know if its just the way its supposed to work. If it is that sux cuz I would like voices to come from all speakers, but maybe its just the way 5.1 works.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
It that so it should have setting to give you a diferent sound setup. Most recievers that have 5.1 in them have setting to change the sound to either front suround sound or full suround.....have you contacted kenwood about this? Also how old is this unit if new maybe going to a place that sells it in store they may have it setup or know more about it?

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 5
I just bought it and installed it myself. I looked in the manual after the install but no where mentioned a way to force a different setup. Im sure it can be done I just dont know how. I will be going by a place that installs Kenwoods often and see if they know how. I am just seeing if somebody might know if there is something hooked up wrong. I used to install systems, but its been while.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
If you are sure that the decoder is built in the system and not something you need to attach the radio should play just a metter on how to set the sound different. I have the Alpine IVA-D300 and it needs a decoder attach to it in order for it to respond to 5.1 I just get voice al over my speaker system but when watching a movie it doesnt play as loud as it would play music. I wouldnt doubt that your install is wrong but sometime these radios are hard to tune I know it took me 2 months to tune mine and i still finding new stuff with the audio. I missed those radios just with terble and bass the only buttons you needed to know. I know when I had trouble with my alpine playing MP3's on a dvd the thing would only find half of the folders 20 out of 40 cd folders on a DVD Couldnt figure it out for nothing why was this happening even asked on here but nobody really knew. I did try calling Alpine up and they were happy to help I dont know how kenwood is about that but maybe they can help as well. Good luck and let me know what you find out.

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 6
Well I talked to Custom Sounds in SA and one guy there said that the center channel is for voice in true 5.1 and sound effects around. I now have a new problem though. I had this audio shop install and alarm system for me. One because I never installed many, and two I didnt have the time. They have some how screwed up my radio. This alarm system has remote start. Its an Omega Crime Guard 850i something like that. Anyways, when I start the truck sometimes, (my work, audio system) starts up fine, the actual radio part does not. For instance, my deck opens, my radio comes on BUT NO AUDIO. Its getting a signal, its not coming out of the speakers though. It wont let me change stuff through my remote when this happens either. VERY WEIRD. My whole audio system is powered on as well. What the hell have these people done?

College Station , TX USA

Post Number: 7
When I say this audio shop I do not mean Custom Sounds. It is an audio shop in College Station. I will not mention their name just yet due to the fact I want this fixed. I need to mention this is not the first alarm system they put in. The last one they said was bad since it did all kinds of goofy crap on me. Now this, I have lost ALOT of respect for these guys and have realized they have no clue what they are doing really.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us