SoundStream

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 110
Anybody ever used these components & do they sound clear & loud ??? . Saw them = $70 & considering buying them .

Soundstream XSC.6 Xstream 6-1/2" Component System

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 744
WOuldn't recommend it. If you need a cheap speaker alternative, look at Alpine Type S, Infinity Ref series comps.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 111
Ok - the Inf Refs are my 2nd choice bang for buck , mind you , soundstream is on the good section on 'that infamous list' so thats why i'm willing to give em a try .

Anybody else wants to give an opinion ???

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 557
here's "the infamous list"

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 746
Old Soundstream is excellent stuff, however the new stuff is produced overseas and owned by some other less distinguished company. They are going downhill fast.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 543
i know the soundstream amps are pretty damn goood...but ive never seen or heard of anyone using their comps or subs...

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 765
their new amps aren't worth spit.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 559
their new amps are the human reign amps...retail for over $1500...no class A/B here...pure class A circuity for up to 1600 rms watts...thats pretty serious if you ask me...sound quality is probably out of this world...I'd spit like hell if thats all i had to do to get one in my hands.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 112
Hey Ryan , in your profile i noticed u got an MA amp - how's that working out for ya ?
Reason i asked is i was thinking about trying MA but anytime MA is mentioned on this forum so many ppl quick to post 'its crap' .

Specs on MA's site shows
2 x 500W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo

2 x 800W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo

2 x 1400W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo

2 x 2200W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo

1 x 4400W RMS @ 1 Ohm Bridged

Figured u using it for on your subs , does it perform 'truely' ?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4464
"their new amps are the human reign amps...retail for over $1500...no class A/B here...pure class A circuity for up to 1600 rms watts...thats pretty serious if you ask me...sound quality is probably out of this world...I'd spit like hell if thats all i had to do to get one in my hands."

Don't let "Class A" fool you, it isn't a Class A amplifier in the sense of a single output transistor that is turned on continuously. Instead, as development of amplifiers has progressed, the industry has defined a Class A amplifier as an amp that is biased to a point where current in all the output devices flows for the entire 360 degrees of an input cycle, and this is taken at the full, unclipped output of the amplifier. It isn't the "pure" Class A amplifier that it used to be, which are very rare nowadays. It is a Class A operationally. All you have to do to have a "Class A" amp is bias the output stage halfway between cutoff and saturation, with the impedance to an appropriate value that gives maximum undistorted output power. This can apply to both single ended and push pull type amplifiers. If it were a true Class A (single output transistor), it wouldn't even produce a tenth of that 1600 it's rated at. It would also draw ungodly amounts of current from the system since a Class A amp is less than 25% efficient.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 767
The amp I had, EG10004X, didn't last 1 month. $300 for a nice looking paper weight.
However, it did perform decently for about 2 weeks.

If you were willing to $1600 on an amp, I would get something better. Zapco, Arc, TRU, etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us