Jonathan..Others Experienced..Iridium xover points

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 728
was wondering since u are experienced with them, what you thought of my xover points and whether they could be improved.
i currently run the
highs at 6.5khz-
3" at 315hz-6.5hz
6.5 at 20hz-220hz

all with 30db slope on the bottom and 6db slope on top

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 744
bumpidy

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4428
Depends. How are the speakers installed?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 746
it's a '99 expedition
tweeters are in the sails.
3" in the upper mid doors
6.5 low in the doors.
Upload

i would like to switch the locations all together to optimize pathlength differences and sound stage. all opinions are valued.

i'm seriously considering replacing the old door panels and building an infinite baffle in the door like glass suggested, maintaining a stock appearence.
also would like to throw the 3" up on the dash along with the highs, but i'm still trying to figure out how to go about this.
i'm in chicago, so i don't think the kicks would be too great an idea.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4434
The crossover points are about right, I'd bump the midbass HPF up to around 50 or 60, though. The bigger question is the slope. I'm guessing you're running active x-overs, and I'd try a 12db/oct slope all around for starters, if that doesn't work for imaging, I'd go higher order if you were to keep the drivers spaced out. 12db/oct is a good, natural slope for a car. And of course, you would have to move the x-over points between the drivers closer to each other depending on slope, which will also depend on the type of crossover used.

As far as install, I'd personally do the midbass in door, midrange driver in a kick panel, and tweeter up in the A-pillar or sail panel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us