Glasswolf or jonathan

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 94
Which would sound more balanced and better 40 wattsx4 going evenly into jl xr components and infinity 6x9's, or 150 watts going to each of the xr components up front. Would the front stage be ridiculously loud and would i have virtually no sound coming out of the back. Lastly would 150 watts be way too much for Jl audio xr components?

helpin out
Unregistered guest
way 2 much for any of the xr series...much better 2 under power them then to give them double their rms

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4426
I'd dump the 6x9s and give the fronts 150 personally. I've used the 6.5" two way XRs before and gave them a 300/2 and they had no problem with it, but keep in mind I'm not one to push an amp into clipping nor listen at extreme volume levels. Remember that the amplifiers rating is taken on a resistive dummy load, the dynamic nature of music music will vary power the speaker sees by a large amount, just because your volume is high doesn't mean that the speakers are seeing the amp's rated power. As long as you're conservative with the volume level, overpowering never hurts.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9237
I already answered this in another thread when I suggested bridging the amp for the fronts :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 98
Thanks guys for the feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us