Nova 400 LE Owners Guide/Manual Needed

Unregistered guest
Just bought a car without the Alarm guide...going nuts...can anyone help? Who makes the Nova 400 LE? The remote no longer responds with fresh batteries....please help tkx!

Unregistered guest
FCC ID : CZ57RRRXAD4 (brain)

Bronze Member
Username: Paradroid

Post Number: 12
FCC ID comes out as :

Directed Electronics Inc
One Viper Way
Vista
California

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum &calledFromFrame=N&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=97062&fcc_id=%27CZ57RRRXAD4 %27

Zurich
Unregistered guest
I have the same model and the same problem. The first remote went out 2 weeks ago (after 5 years). I pulled out the 2nd remote (never used) and it stopped working after a week. I'm not sure if it is the remote or the brain. I put in new batteries. The red light still works on the remote. And when I hold it next to my cordless phone and push a button on the remote it causes some static on the phone so I believe it is transmitting something.

The Nova 400LE is made by Clifford (or at least Clifford slapped its name in my owner's manual.) The Owner's manual is not much help. It is only 10 pages and basically just tells you how to activate/deactivate various features. There's nothing specific to our problem of the remotes not responding. About the only thing that might help is the part where it tells you how to add a new remote (possibly reprogramming your original remote if it still works?)

1. turn the ignition on (but not all the way to start the car)
2. flick the valet switch back and forth 4 times
3. press the arm button on the remote
= the alarm should chirp 1 time to confirm completion of the procedure

Let me know if this works or if you find out anything else. I haven't been able to try it myself yet because before I was smart enough to pull out the manual I started taking things apart on the alarm and there are now 3 wires and an inline fuse that I need to solder back in place (doh!!!)

Diesel Dave
Unregistered guest
Will let you know....Tks 'Z' Also found a local shop that work on Clifford's...Going today...Will keep you posted....

Diesel Dave
Unregistered guest
Z....I located a manual with cover " Clifford Nova 3" is this what you have? If not, could you write back with instructions to disable the "auto arm" feature....Or better yet, any way you can scan the doc and forward to dstl@cogeco.ca
Would appreciate very much!
C-ya.

Diesel Dave
Unregistered guest
Zurich.....
I tried to re-program the key fob...I got the confirmations but the brain still wouldn't respond....Went to local dealer....Checked it out and bottom line....brain's fried. Had to get another installed....Sorry dude..if you want my fob's just e-mail me... dstl@cogeco.ca
Thanks again!
DSL

Zurich
Unregistered guest
DSL

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm sure I will have the same problem. I started soldering my wires back together tonight but had to stop halfway through because I got 7 mosquito bites in the garage. Was there a lifetime warranty on your unit? I've read from other posts that Clifford has a lifetime warranty. Hope the new alarm is sweet. Later.

Unregistered guest
Z....

Seven bites...ouch...hopefully you're not within the "West-Nile" zone....Where are you located?
At least the new alarm has a lifetime Warranty and yes, it is pretty sweet...perimeter arming as well...They put it in the headliner now...move within two feet and she'll chirp!...

Username: Kmltick

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I'm also looking for the Nova 400LE manual as well.

My alarm beeps every 30 seconds and it not only drives me nuts, but I'm sure it drives my neighbors crazy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us