ED e15a.22 .........opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 348
i plan on getting a pair of e15a.22's and wiring voice coils in series to get 4 ohm then wire subs paralell to get a 2 ohm load

i plan on running them with a thunder1501d to give each sub 750w rms and im going to build a 4.4 cubic foot, dual chamber slot ported box tuned to 28 Hz

any opinions on this? amp? subs?

these 15's hit 29mm xmax 1 way so im expecting 13w7 SPL but not sure what to expect for SQ

anything is appreciated

James S.
Unregistered guest
My best friend has a pair of Elemental Design e15a's in a sealed box and he is using two JL Audio 1000/1 amps to power them. They hit very hard and deep but they begin to sound distorted at high volumes. Some songs you can only play so loud before you hear distortion from the subs. At first he thought the gains on the amps were too high but it turned out that was not the case because when he turned down the gains you can still hear distortion at high volumes. Overall though very nice subs for the price and as I said they get very low and loud at medium volumes. By the way I'm talking about volumes that you couldn't sit in a vehicle so you should be fine. I'd say go for it.

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
I have two questions. What type of vehicle are you putting these subs in? And why do you want to use a 2 channel amplifier over just a one channel amplifier?

Big Ed
Unregistered guest
The ED e15a's will definitely slam in a ported box. But if it were me I would go with 3 e12a's instead of 2 15's. Personally the e12a's sound better to me than the 15's I've owned both and traded my 2 15's for 3 12's. Currently I'm running 3 Elemental Design e12'a's in a ported box I'm using a Zapco C2K 9.0 XD amp that puts out 2200 watts into one channel. So each 12 is getting about 667 watts RMS. I have this setup in my Oldsmobile Aurora and it is loud as F*CK. You won't be disappointed with the Elemental Design subs trust me. And I don't know what that one guy is talking about I've never had any distortion problems whatsoever at any volume unless I crank my radio to full volume.

Anonymous

I don't know if you have seen this video clip of the ED e15a.22 in action but they kick a$$.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/video/budsang1.AVI

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
ok um the htunder 1501d is a 1 channel amp and it will give 1500w rms at 2 ohms, split up between the two its gonna be 750w rms each and i think that the reason those 1000/1's caused a bit of distortion is because alot of the time they can put out anywhere from 1000-1350 w rms and that probly was too much for that sub in that particular situation...

anyways, theyre going in an 86 lincoln town car for bin laden and theyre going to each be in a 2.2 cubic foot vented box tuned to 28 Hz and low tuning frequency should give me great SQ since the Fs of the sub is like 18 Hz right?

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
Sounds good to me I'd say go for it.

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
whew.. nice..

no more 5 subs bacon? or is that another car?

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
im selling the 5 subs and going with these 2 - should get little more SPL and maintain SQ for it hehe and it'll give me some space in my trunk for extra crap (lacrosse equipment mainly) and a spare tire that i havent had in it for 8 months lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us