Kick Panel Question...?

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 530
Ok, done some research, and what I am trying to do is get some better speakers in the front of my 1990 Caddilac Deville. Problem I am having is that it comes stock with speakers in the dash, nothing in doors. Now I have changed them, but I had talked with Glasswolf about this awhile back, and he suggested to try and find someone to make custom kick panels, I CAN'T find anyone!!
I live in Wi, and I have emailed people from all over, and can't seem to get any answers.

The thing with this Caddy, is that the door rest and such and build so big, that there is no room for speakers, even if I cut. Also the kick panel area is real short, not alot of room on the sides.

Sure could use some help here, or other suggestions. Right now I have 4x6's in the front, and 6x9's in the back, both Rockfords, with a sub in the trunk. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4413
If you want the easy route, Q-Logic probably makes some kick panels for your car, they'll fit 5.25" components and some smaller 6.5" components. Other than that, you'll need to find a good install shop for kick pods, and keep in mind that it is not cheap for them to do so.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1975
Tell me about it... Jonathan is right i got charged $480 just for custom work to fit my ID CXS62's in custom kick pods installed at my audio shop myer-emco. They do excellant work but its definetly not cheap.

Here is a picture of what they did.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 533
I checked out Q logic already, and they don't make any for that year, even the Universal one needs at least 11 inches on a flat surface, and I don't have that.

MO, I seen yours before, sweet!!! :-)
Yeah I know it's not going to be cheap, I guess I was just wondering if there where other things I could do to better my sound up front! Thanks guys!

Oh MO, In that pic, My arm rest goes almost to the floor!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us