Please help

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 139
i have been looking for canadian sites for HO alt with no luck like normal never can find what looking for always usa adress and i live in canada so if you can please post some sites so i can do some research thanx for the help again

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3869
Rigger, no one really makes HO alternators in Canada. It's not a popular item.
I ordered mine from 4alterstart.com. This is just as good, if not better, www.excessiveamperage.com

You really don't have much choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
you have orderd online from them with no problems? thats scares me a bit you dont now who to trust on line! so many fake sites

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
went to the site do you have to call them i cant seem to get anywere

Username: Ourownimage

Post Number: 1
I have a sony fm-am stereo receiver STR-DE925 and need help re-connecting the cables to:
TV
Cable
DVD
VCR
Please direct me to schematics showing proper placement of cable connections.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
do you realize Our Own Image that you are in car audio not home audio try there instead of putting on my thread which has nothing do do with that

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9171
our own image:

RTFM

Gold Member

Post Number: 3871
Rigger, email them and they will reply back. On their reply, you will see 800 number also.
I had no problem with 4alterstart.com. All you need to do is give them exact year and model of your car.
Don't forget to get 4gauge alternator cable with it, if not you will have to make your own.
175A HO alternator costs around $299 and $25 for 4gauge alternator cable with connectors.
You might also want to check out www.excessiveamperage.com and compare prices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
thanx isaac and that is us $ prob find out when i go to the site after work but just in case and how long do they last compared to a reg alt?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3876
It's like a reg alternator. Same size and shape. The only difference is the price and power. It should last long time as long as you take care of it and not max out on the current draw every day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
thanx isaac you have been helpfull and i do try looking things up but me and the computer dont get along thats why i was happy to find this place plus car stereo are not that big in canada along with lots of other stuff like hot rods so hard to find peaple that know what they are talking about thats why i am in here reading every day the wife hates it lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
found out only need 3 kx850.2 so what amperage alt would i need or better yet what is the rule of thumb for this (#amps for size of alt.) if any?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3884
Power / voltage = current.
With HO alternators, get the largest size you can get. The alternators will only generate the needed power. So if your amps only used up 100A, then the 200A alternator will produce 100A.
It's always better to be safe than sorry.
One more thing, if your stock alternator is 70A, then 50A - 60A are usually used up by your car. Therefore, just cause you get 200A, it doesn't mean you can use all 200A.

Excessive Amperage
Unregistered guest
This is Nathan with Excessive Amperage. My internet server was having problems with getting my emails from my website to me. If you did not get a reply you can email me direct at nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com or call me at 1-334-712-9955 M-F 8-4 Central time.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10429
hey Nathan, I called you about an alternator for my Charger and never heard back from you. What happened to "I'm heading to the office, and I'll call you right back." ?
If I recall, that was over a month ago.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4318
The man walks to work bare feet.. he he.
On a serious note, Nathan, what do you charge for 1986 Mustang LX 5.0L? 200A or close to it.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1293
don't mean to but in, but if nathan is going to be answering ?'s then i have one for him: and what is the biggest(most Amps) direct bolt-on i can get for a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES and how much?:-O

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10433
e-mail him and ask.
he gave the address and number above.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4320
I just found another HO alternator maker. He only makes special ones for competition. I emailed him today to get a quote. If he's good, I'll post his info.
If you're into show cars and need high current as well as great looking alternator, this guy is suppose to be it.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10436
www.ohiogen.com is good if you have teh money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4322
GlassWolf have you heard of Dominick Iraggi?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10438
yup Iraggi alternators has been around a while.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4327
The guys at the competition said he makes great alternators for show cars. I'm getting a quote for my Mustang.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 165
Nathan did my 200 amp alternator for my 1999 Pontiac Firebird.. Shipping was fast, the alternator was great.. First one died after about 2 weeks though...

Mailed it back (UPS takes a damn week from him to me), and contacted him on the day he got it. He didnt get it until around 3:30pm that day, though. However, paypal'd him some funds (like $45 for overnight shipping), and early the next day, he had a new alternator back in the mail. I guess UPS couldnt guarantee overnight shipping from his destination to mine, but, I still had it the next day. :-)

Only thing wrong with this alternator was cosmetic.. (I think? A piece of the plastic grate near where you insert the plug was broken, but, nothing on the plug itself, and it works fine.)

Been running the hell out of this one, and it's been a month so far.. Nathan was more than courteous, and willing to take care of the problem I had, and took care of it extremely fast..

The price of the Alternator was $275 after shipping. So all in all (including the return shipping/overnight shipping back) it came to around $340 for the 200 amp alternator. Direct bolt-on, dosnt get much simpler than that to change any engine part.. (took less than 15 minutes)

Seth

Gold Member

Post Number: 4334
I got a quote from Iraggi on a 240A alternator for $389. Sounds tempting.

Kevin James
Unregistered guest
Guys,

I have used HO Alternators alot. They are always on the ball and blow ohio gen out of the water. Very knowledgable and even have a company demo car at all the audio shows here in the states. There engineer rick will even give you his cell # if you need help. Give them a call for prices: 1.866.446.8878 Toll Free or check out there site: http://www.h-o-alternators.com/
They are great guys and ship all over the world.
I wouldn't trust anyone for my car except them.

Hope this help,
Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us