Speakers wiring problem???

Username: Stockfreak

Burlington, Wi

Post Number: 1
yea hi please help I have a 2004 dodge stratus that I put infinity kappas 6/9s in the back and im trying to add a little more bass to it so I bought a 8" infinity referance sub RMS is 200 and its all hooked up from the factory dash wires running to the trunk I spliced the 18ga factory wires and took two 2feet 16ga audio wire spliced those and crimped the 18ga & 2-16ga togeather did that for both the left and right speaker I have two connection points on left and right side so I could hook up 4 speakers that way but Im not doing that, one is going to the 6/9 left and one to the 6/9 right and the other two 16ga wires I spliced them hooked them togeather and put a 8" infinity referance subwoofer it works and sounds good but when I start to turn the volume up I start hearing a crackling noise in the speakers so Im wondering if it is safe that way and how to get rid of that crackling noise??? please help? thanks bryan

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 99
get an amp, yer setup isn't safe for your HU.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1466
Yes, an external amplifier would power the sub a great deal better than the wiring mess going on from the internal amp wiring. I would guess the noise is coming from the poor wiring.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us