Sub help

Bronze Member
Username: Smallville

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 17
ok i have my 12' clairion sub and there is 2 like 8 gauge coming out of it and i dont know where to hook it up on my amp?
anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 29
uh?? That post didnt make to much sense. There should never be any 8 gauge wires coming out of a sub. Most poeple use 12 gauge wiring for subs for looks, but that isnt even always necessary. You should just be goign out of the terminals to the amps. Check out some wiring diagrams to learn how to hook multiple subs up to an amp.

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 18
well what wires should be coming out of my 12' boxed sub?and what do i hook it too to my amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
how much wattage are you using??? Also, there are subwoofer wiring diagrams on crutchfield. Type in "cruthfield subwoofer wiring diagrams" on google and you will be able to see some diagrams. Are you using a mono amp or multi-channel amp??

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 19
ok im using a multi channel and i have a capacitor so i dont know how much wattage im putting out .. and i have a 800 watt amp if that helps any

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
well, 12 gauge would look the best and work fine for you amp. How many channels is your amp and approx. how much does it put out at each channel?? I need to know these things so i can tell you weather or not the sub will work out with the sub. Also, how much RMS power is the sub recommendec to handle???

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 20
ok ill find out and what is RMS?

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 21
and also my 12' and 10' were hooked up to my amp before when my brother did it but hes gone now and i had to take it apart to go camping and i just dont know how to hook it back up again becuase there was my capacitor 12' and 10' and my amp and i dont know how to hook it up again..but i'll find out what you needed to know and ill write back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us