Where did i go wrong??

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 236
Okay i finally got my subs hooked up today(by me!). But the only thing is, when i have both of them going, it sounds like garbage. But, when i have only one going, it its really hard. Then i poped the trunk to see what was going on. Then i noticed that when one sub was commming out, the other sub was going in which sounded like garbo.

Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 7
You prob have the wiring reversed on the sub that goes in and not out. I have seen it happen with EVERY sub that BB carries actually. Make sure you got the wiring exactly the same as the one that is working correctly.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3879
yup you have a wire backwards that is reversing the polarity. Go back and inside the box make sure you didnt hook it up backwards. its an extremly easy thing to do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
What subs and enclosure are you using by the way???

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
O well i got two type e's in a sealed enclosure. Are you sure that's what's wrong? Cuz when i push down on one, the other one comes up. I think i built my box wrong somehow. PLus, im not going to be having these subs for that long eny weyz im upgrading to a 1dmax cuz these type e's don't hit as hard and as clear as i like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Yes, we are sure that whats wrong. I have seen it many times. At Best Buy one day they had all of them doing that. We told them that was the problem and it was fixed the next time we stopped back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
huh...i was thinking it has something to do with the air space. thanks. So on all sealed boxes, when u push down one sub the other does the opposite??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
what??? When you push down on one of the subs the other one actually moves???? First off, i must mention that if you are building a sealed enclosure it is a great ideas to seperate the enclosure into 2 halves so that one sub wont effect the other. If one of them would happen to fail on you then the other sub would see a much larger enclosure which would screw that sub up too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
ya i no. I thought i did that. I made sure that every line was completly sealed. But when i put the last face on, I wasn't sure if a air hole is present. However, i did built the box big enough to where i can port it. So i was thinking, if i ported it then the problem would be solved.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
And i have a 4 year warrenty so i am not worried about screwing them up.lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Maybe you built the box too big then. A ported enclosure is usually alot bigger then a sealed enclosure, and if you build a sealed at that size it would sound really muddy. The wiring is still reversed on that one sub, so make sure you change that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
Okay thanks well it's 1.3 cubic inches per sub so i did make it really big. And it really doesn't sound that muddy. 1.3 doesn't sound like alot but for these weak subs...it's alot. So if i ported it, would that solve the problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
i highle doubt it. It is the wiring man!! Please change the wiring, if it doesnt affect it in any way then we will figure something out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
O ya sry. I 4got that that was probably the problem.lol Im goin to go do that now.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 162
Yea i have seen that on many dual subs, when you push on one the other one comes out

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Ya the left sub had the wire backward! So i switched it around and now it sounds pretty good. The next thing i got to do is get my trunk dynamate and then replace the speakers and finally get my idmax!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Glad i could help man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
And by the way, the bass does sound really muddy. What can i do to prevent it? Or do i have to port it and make it sound worse??

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 246
no pun intended i hope lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
It probobally sounds muddy because the ecnlosure size. Either that or you got either the gain or low pass filter set wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 163
Stevie doo, just wondering what amp are you using to run those type E's ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Well i have a 2-channel mb-quart i am too lazy to look at the model #. It puts out 800 watts into 4 ohms bridge. And 400 into 2 ohms. and 200 into 4ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us