Sub suggestions for a JL e1800D

draco47
Unregistered guest
im looking for a relatively inexpensive single SQL 12" that can handle 1000RMS @ 2 ohms,. im looking @ Type Xs and Eclipse Titaniums but id like other suggestions of good subs, hopefully under $250

Username: Chris_k

Post Number: 5
Type X's are not really in the same leagure as the Titaniums. Look at the IDMAX, XXX and Brahma for some of the better SQL subs out there. The IDMAX is probobally the best SQ wise while the XXX is probably the best SPL wise, but they are all SQL subs.

draco47
Unregistered guest
quite far off my budget however. just something quality for the price is good. i have an RL-p15 installed right now and i just wanted a single 12" sub to eat up the 1000watts the amp produces

Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 5
What would you not keep the RL-p, that is one of the best subs out there.

draco47
Unregistered guest
oh im definitely* keeping it. but i baby it a lot so im not even getting the amp up to 1000rms since i dont turn the volume up too much (its loud already and the cone moves about 1/4"). lets just say that im looking for a good quality "beater" =P

draco47
Unregistered guest
any more thoughts out there?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 244
if you want "beater" go with audiobahn, X-plod, RF Punch.(i'm sure i missed a few, and i'm also sure someone will want to argue with me):-)

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 22
Audioburn(dam u Oso,lol) isn't too bad for the price if you want loud. They make an average sq sub alum12n. Put that in ebay and you can find one for about a hundred dollars.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 249
free I.C.E.Man™!!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2744
Hmmmm, I don't agree with some of the brands you listed as "beaters," but for the money, the Alpine X will use the 1000 watts rms, and sound good while doing it.

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 24
oops. Didn't read the first post. I'm a big eclipse fan so eclipse aluminum 8000 series. The best aluminum sub ever made imo.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 252
see there, the adult way to dispute our differences, no arguing, no threatening, and the only reason i used those brands is b/c they sell them at circuit city, and "they" aren't known for carrying the "best" audio equipment:-)

draco47
Unregistered guest
my bad guys, my definition of 'beater' was something that my amp can s#!t on without blowing the sub. as long as its lower than or in the range of $250 it'll be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2745
lol kk

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 255
that changes EVERYTHING!!! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums