Cannot mount my deck!!

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 233
I have a 96 accord ex. I am replacing the deck on my own. The only problem i have is mounting the d@mn thing. My stock radio had some crazy brackets on it. However there is no possible way to put them onto the aftermarket one. PLease help!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1425
What type of brackets? Are they permanently mounted to the stock headunit or do they just not affix to the aftermarket headunit?

If you have pictures, that would help quite a bit, heh.

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
O sry i don't. The brackets do come off but they do not fit the head unit. So continued to install it without the brackets ect. And it sits there fine. No movement or anything(the mounting kits squeezes in there very nice and smoothe). Should i leave it this way or find away to get thoughs brackets on there? Another thing is, the dashboard doesn't fit on now because the kit is a little too big. What should i do?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1441
If it sits fine then yeah, leave it.

Sorry to hear that about the kit...how is it too big? Does the piece surrounding the stereo stick out too much? Maybe you could file it down...

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Yeah thats what i am thinking. The dashboard is sitting on top...but it's suppose to sit flush with it. So i guess filing would be my only solution.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us