***Competition worthy?

Username: Craftsmen

Post Number: 8
I'm going to be qetting a JL 13W7 pretty soon, and was wondering if just one hooked up to a JL 1000 by one amp would be something i could take to competition....what kind of db does this sub usually get, and about how much db is at these competitions?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 521
maybe in an HO wedge or a big ported...but I can't see it beating out 15's

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9136
the 13W7 isn't an SPL sub. It's an SQL sub. If you want to compete strictly for SPL, look elsewhere, like DD's subs or a Shocker or RE MT.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 211
one of these might work
Upload
Treo SSX, mainly for SPL
2,000 watts rms, but you would have to find one at an authorized dealer

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 212
Digital Design's 9500 series 12"
Upload
1200 watts rms

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 213
the RE MT
Upload

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9141
the MT is fairly impressive eye candy too.. but the point is you need a sub designed for SPL if that's your goal.. pick the right tool for the job, as they say.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 214
but i have never been able to find a website for the Shockers!!:-(

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 215
OR The Treo CSX!
Upload
Treo Claims it can take tone bursts from any commercially available ampifier,"Whatever it takes to win" direct quote from website.:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 216
i think it has an 874oz. strontium ferrite magnet(s)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 217
just a few pics to try and help you get an idea of what you want or should get if you are going for SPL:-)

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 345
You can compete with any setup you want. Do not let anyone discourage you from competeing. Im going to my first competition this weekend with a sq sub and only 600 watts rms. Im going for the fun of it. Not trying to win.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3878
let me know how your ava hits oso. What enclosure do you have it in?

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 34
I took first in SPL in the last comp here and I was using Kappa 12" speakers...SQ speakers. Plus friend hit 153.8 and broke world record in his class and he was just using two 10"'s. Compete with whatever you got. It's the fun of competing that makes it worth it. I mean it's not like you're competing for money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
I got a ported box 2.95cf after all displacement tuned to 34 with 36.25" of port

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I'd say go from 38hz to 44hz and watch the readout (if you can see it). I bet your tone is somewhere in there. Of course, I'm no expert.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 218
don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to press any brands on him, or tell him JL isn't the way to go, i'm just giving suggestions of some SPL subs:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
True JL is a good brand but way overpriced. For the money he wants to spend he can buy some JL Killers. JL's do suprisingly hit high numbers in db comps but they are not geared for spl. Look above and you will find a lot of options when it comes to spl woofers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
You've listed some great SPL subs. I'm still waiting to hear feedback on Stroker Pro's... Has anyone used or seen these?

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 219
i think someone said they are really nice, but not worth the money, and you have to build the box just right, BUT if you can build the box right, they will crack the Earth's Crust lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
But damn them Treo's look sexy as hell.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 220
He11 Yeah Son!! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Their whole line actually looks very good astetically speaking. Their subs and their amps are built top quality also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
With the Treo's...is the SSX best?

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 221
the SSX is their top of the line "daily driver" if you will, but with 2,000 watts rms on the 12, and 2,500 rms on the 15 and 18, they are hardly daily drivers
the CSX is strictly for SPL

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
The CSX is their all out spl sub. It can take basically any amount of wattage for a burp that you can throw at it. I have never personally seen one of these in action only the SSX.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 222
me either:-(

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 223
this isn't the first time i have posted this, and i'm sure people are getting tired of reading this but, i have heard 2 Treo SSX 12's in a 300zx, with 1 US 2000x amp on each sub, and it hits 152db's at 44hz, with 2 12's!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
But the CSX only has a 1,200 watt RMS. Am I missing something?

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
But for a 3 second burp it will take a he11 of a lot more than that. They put such a low rms as a lot of woofer companies do to protect their butts.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 224
that is recommended, but it will handle any wattage amount in the form of a tone "BURST" which is only a few seconds, not a 4-1/2 minute song, which the SSX's will handle:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 225
yes thats right, 1200 watts rms, is for continous play

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
And it took me 8 12's to hit 150 db's lol

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 542
"John Bennett
Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 01:47 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took first in SPL in the last comp here and I was using Kappa 12" speakers...SQ speakers. Plus friend hit 153.8 and broke world record in his class and he was just using two 10"'s. Compete with whatever you got. It's the fun of competing that makes it worth it. I mean it's not like you're competing for money."

:-) well said

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Thank you.

Username: Craftsmen

Post Number: 9
so the Treo CSX would mosty likely give me the most bang for my buck, with a sub meant for spl it would put out alot more of a boom and rumble, shaking things right?

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 27
Would you want something that you could listen to music with though??? Is this going to be strictly for competing or do you want to use it as somewhat of a DD as well???

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 429
well since every1 is showing pics of spl subs i might as well show some to http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3398/23807shocker_4_3.JPG heres a very good spl sub, just have fun trying to find it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I saw plenty of that sub in another thread. Are you going to post that pic in every SPL oriented thread?? lol.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 543
hey ultimate post ho, what if he is? Its worthy of more than one thread, its bad azz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
That is true. I was kidding anyway. That is why i put LOL at the end of my post. I meant nothing by it.

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 15
Wow. I didn't realise how important lol was.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Why does it seem like Shocker subs are hard to get ahold of??? Atleast with RE they got a website and you can give them a call and they will hook up up. With Shocker there isnt a whole lot of info available. Are they a US company??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4402
"i think it has an 874oz. strontium ferrite magnet(s)"

Bah, it should have 874oz. of NEO magnets, that would spank :-) Or sling the cone through the roof of the vehicle, either or.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
That would be pretty cool. I have heard from someone that RE will be releasing a version of the prototype as their flagship this upcoming year. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that??

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 233
Actually the 15" has 872oz., the 12" has a 488oz. magnet:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 234
if it did that,then it would be busted, and you couldn't use it, so it would be pointless!! lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 235
Actually the 15" has *874oz.*

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 430
ya, about shocker audio, i think the reason there so hard to get a hold of is because its not a companey its just some guy who builds sub strictly for spl purposes, and plus last i heared he was moving to california, so and you can find them just look on ebay and other websites and you might find some. and the only reason i posted the pic again is because every1 else was posting pics of their pure spl subs.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9158
Beyond Audio's Inhumans are another option

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 624
would there be a way u could use large neodymium magnets and prevent they cone from being blown sky high.. that would be crazy

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 71
Use a super high excursion surround. An 874oz. neo magnet...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us