Custom sub box

Username: Craftsmen

Post Number: 6
I'm decent at building sub boxes..but i know if i put some time into it i could make some amazing looking ones, anyone think theres even the least bit of money in selling them on ebay or something if i canget the material cheap? lemme know ur thoughts n opinion

Gold Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 1069
I dont know man. Tehy would have to be really nice. Shipping is extremely expensive and there are a lot of cheap enclosrue on ebay that are computer cut and cheaper to produce.

If you do decide to give it a shot, good luck and i would like to see some of your work posted on here.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 626
Sure, just make an ebay store, and go throgh all the car audio forums telling them about you boxes.

Gold Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 1091
That would be a good idea to spread the word, but this forum doesnt allow people to advertise. Like i said, i dont know if there would be enoguh profit in it for you. It would prob be better to sell desings on ebay if you are good engough and know how to build great enclosures.

Post Number: 7
well ive taken plenty of tech drawing classes n design drawingproduction ones so id be able to raft them but idk about what id use on the computer for like drafts online.....maybe photo copy drawin ones?

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 499
What would be nice if you could supply what exactly a person would need to build one. Materials, specs and pics of what you mean. Kind-of like somethig you buy from a store, and all you have to do is put it together.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 344
If the boxes are buitl and or designed for specific woofers I would say it would be worth while. But as a "universal" box i would say no. Most of the prefab boxes on ebay do not sell because they are not designed for a specific woofer and will not deliver optimal performance for said sub.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3877
yup the best thing to do would be to take 10 of the most popular drivers and build custom enclosure blue prints and sell the blue prints. You could do sealed, and ported for each sub.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 356
Very good idea James. But he needs to do a lot of research on todays top/most popular drivers. So many diffrent companies and so many diffrent models to choose from. It is like being a kid in a candy store(if you have got the money.)

Post Number: 10
ok, so does anyone know of an example of a decent set of blue prints, just to give me an idea of how indepth theyre gettng

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 28
I personally dont have an blue prints. I would actually do it all on the computer. Showing angels, dimensions, and everything in between. Something that looks really sophisticated instead of just something that looks like it was just drawn in paint or on a peice of paper then copied to the computer.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 511
The only thing is soooooo many people buy so many different subs, it might drive ya nuts to. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 30
That is true. Is there anything else that you think you might be good at in the electronics field or any other field that you like???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us