What high end components?

Bronze Member
Username: Schnizo

Post Number: 19
I guess I'm looking for a highend 3 way set. I want a tight mid base. I want to feel the pluck of the guitar. I'm considering the Iridium 8.3
What do you think. Will and 8" mid bass do it or should I stick with the 6.5" mid bass. Will there be a gap between the 8" mid bass and the 3" mid range? What about CDT or Dyanaudio or Rainbow Profi Vanadium. I really don't want to spend $800. Max is about $700. I don't like harsh tweets so I'm ruling out Focal

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9122
dynaudio's system 360 is great but you'd have to hunt ebay to find them for under 700 smackers

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4391
The DLS 8.3 is a pretty good set, but admittedly the 8" doesn't mate that will with the 3". It is more of a low end driver, the 6.3 is better for musicality. The 6.3 has a very good and strong midbass driver, don't let the size fool you. DLS acknowledges that the 8" isn't as musical as it should be, and is in the process of making a new 8" driver for the Iridiums.

Dynaudio, Morel, Rainbow, and CDT are all great choices, each have their ups and downs. What are you looking for the most of, not just the midbass as all are good for it, but overall sound? Warm, neutral, punchy, try to be specific.

Bronze Member
Username: Schnizo

Post Number: 20
I guess maybe on the neutral to punchy side. I was reading reviews on CDTs site. I might lean that way. What do you think? My installer will be happy to hear that about the 8. We met today to discuss where the h@ll we'll put these. My f-250 doesn't have any kick panel room. It's hard to belive it for such a huge cab. I'm going to let him deal with that I'm just rebuiling the center consel for the 2 10's. We decided to rebuild the door panel and put all three in the door. What do you think? We have plenty of depth because we're getting rid of the pocket. That's 2 extra inches
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us