Viper 791xv Trunk security

Username: Gemini21

Shreveport, LA

Post Number: 7
I have the viper 791xv for my 2001 mitsubishi eclipse GT and for the trunk trigger wire(H1/6) I don't know where to put it. Is it only for Trunk release which I don't have? How do I secure my trunk with this wire if possible?

Username: Masphx

Post Number: 2
I don't know if this is the same problem but I just got a Viper 791 XV installed in my 2000 camaro which is a coupe. The trunk is NOT a seperate part of the car inside so if someone breaks in through the trunk they are in the whole car. I got the alarm installed at Best Buy and they didnot hookup a trunk alarm. Is this an addition for the alarm?

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 238
to both of you.

that wire get's connected to a pinswitch that is mounted in the truck and pops up when the trunk is open, and pushed down when closed.
they are relatively cheap at a parts store.
when it pops up it sets the alarm and register an open trunk violation on the remote.

best buy dosen't have the best of reputations for doing installs. they should have installed that pinswitch for your car, it came with the alarm.

Anonymous

I just got a viper 791 xv installed and everytime I unlock it it tells me the alarm has gone off at some point(and beeps three times) even if the alarm hasn't gone off. Why does it do this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us