Key things on an SLP driven ported box?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 609
im gonna design a box for my buddies explorer.. i just sold him my type r's and mrd 10001. all i can say is that is a loud as$ vehicle .. i swear there like twice as loud in that than they were in my hb, everything goes blurry lol and their in a sealed box... anyway what are some key things in an all out spl box.. Large box volume.. slightly higher tuning.. and an unbent port , anything else u guys got or is that about all to consider

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 612
also will a horn design provide more spl?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 571
dont know about the horns but for the type r's go 2.1ft^3 - 2.5ft^3 tuned to 36Hz and they will slam. if you need box dimensions i have them...just let me know.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 613
might grab em.. was thinking tuning a lil higher though il let u know

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 616
bump

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 801
if your box is designed for nothin but SPL you do realise it will sound extremely crappy right?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9125
a vehicle's cabin is actually too small to really take advantage of a horn loaded enclosure. you'd need something more like the room in a large house to really utilize the low frequency gain a horn can provide.
what you get from a horn in a car is a more or less flat response with a lot more work to build the box.
better designs are out there for a box that works better in a car.
there was a huge thread about this over on CAF not long ago in fact, with the reasoning against horn loaded enclosures spelled out in great detail.

Gold Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 1133
A great built ported box usually does the trick.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 620
yes wahl im fully aware of that.. his box in there sounds pretty good as it is .. im gonna design one for pure spl.. seems like a 45 hz tune with those will yield the highest gain.. on that how would an abc box perform?? since a 45 hz tune will give it a high gain could i tune the other port to something like 35 hz and make it more musically capable?.. GW do u have a link to this discussion?

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 46
45 hz sound really freaking high especially for music. I personaly would lower it if you wanted it more musically capable just like you have asked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us