2 10" kickers

Bronze Member
Username: Muncheez

Post Number: 23
i posted like a week ago and it wont let me reply to the thread..i asked whether i needed ported or sealed boxes for 10" kickers...some said ported some said sealed

asked me what hz it was tuned to and i have no idea.(how do i check?) and will the jbl 600.1 work ok with the kickers?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 684
what kicker model are they and what voice coil configuration are they? by the choice of amp im guessing they are the CVRs well that amp will work fine for those subs...if your trying to go for really loud music then go ported if your looking more into sound quality go sealed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i think i would rather have better sounding bass then louder bass...uh...i took apart the cruddy home made box and it says "cvr 10 dual 4 voice coils"

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 860
I personally prefer sealed as if you do not know how to properly build a ported enclosure you will have poor results. If you know how to make one, or know someone who can, they would get louder with the possibility of having even better SQ. Remember this, sealed are much easier to build. If they are the square Kickers then go ported designed for SPL cuz you really wont get any SQ out of them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
they are rounded speakers/magnets

say i buy the box instead of build it...should i go ported or sealed? id rather have SQ...but if SQ wont decrease much ill take loud...heh..im such a sound newb i dont know what "good" sounds like :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 871
Well, SQ is a very subjective thing. Some people prefer the sound of a ported enclosure. I personally prefer sealed however. If you are not going to build a box then i would just get a sealed enclosure because prefab ported enclosures are NOT a good idea.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
sealed sealed and sealed...sealed it is..thanks alot chris

Silver Member

Post Number: 905
You welcome, that is what i am here for. lol. let us know how it turns out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us