Subs for Grand Cherokee (what works best)

Username: Rodolfo

Post Number: 5
I`m hoping someone around here has a grand cherokee and can help me. I listen to rock and a little hip hop and I need a subwoofer set-up. I`m more interested in sound quality then big booming bass that all my neighbors can hear from a mile away. Really want some punchy clear bass that hits tight. I hope that makes sense. I would like to run 1 12" woofer but will do what it takes to get the sound I want. Any reccomendations?

Bronze Member
Username: T0asty

Post Number: 19
if u wanna spend the money a 12w6 is a great sub. Great sq with a good thump

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 82
*thump*

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 83
go with MTX, thats what everybody else says when someone refers JL to ppl.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 670
what is your price range?(when we know this we can help you) although the W6 and the IDMAX are probably 2 of the best sounding subs out their in my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 626
actually :P mtx or RE.. Also ADIRE Brahma!

I'd personally take some RE xxxs but.. no way I could afford those.

Post Number: 6
How about a 12" MTX 8000 or 9500 in a sealed box?
I here this will give me what I`m looking for.
I can spend around $500

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 629
for 500 dollars get at least an 8500 or the 9500 ;). Treo would be good for that price too..

Post Number: 9
I`m looking at the 9500 on ebay as I write this. Now I need to find an amp to run the 9500. I think I`ll check out JL. What do you think?

Post Number: 10
I`m also looking at the 8500 which has a 600rms rating. Can I push that sub with a amp that has a 500rms rating?

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 464
You could get a JL 1000/1, a RF T1000BD, Kicker 1200.1 shall I continue?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Oops

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
Yeah you could push it with that, but you just won't get max performance. Oh, and if you get an amp over 1000 watts you'll need to upgrde your alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
What`s the rms on the MTX 9500?

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
They recommend 500-1000 watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Upgrade my alternator, I didn`t think of that. I can`t just get larger gauge battery cable?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Looks like I`m headed for the MTX 9500 and the JL 1000/1 amp. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Should have everything purchased and installed within 2 weeks. Thanks all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
It may help a little but not much, at least with the stock alternator. A capacitor won't solve the problem either. You could get an optima yellow top battery though. I still would recommend a HO alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
The alternator sounds like a good investment.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 882
anythign RE would be fantastic. Get a XXX and a 12.1 and your set. Would blow the MTX out of the water.

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 76
If I were you you probably shouldnt put that 9500 in a sealed box. You should get a slot port or SS box for it. But thats just my opinion. And you may be better off going with the 10 than the 12. Ive heard the 9510 and own the 9515.
BTW it takes awhile for them to break in. Mine took 2 months before it started to display better SQ and become more responsive.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 314
Upgrading your big 3 with a new battery is pretty much only a temporary solution to the problem. It might work fine for the time being but eventually youll need a ho alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
Yeah, dont forget what Oso just posted. I would take a XXX over a 9500 any day of the week. The 9500 IMO is not in the upper echelon of subs.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 661
Two 12" Eclipse, each in a 1cu/ft. box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
what eclipses??? Titaniums or Pros??

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
hes probably talking about the titanium i think they only make 15" and 18" pros
also the 9500 is in the upper section of subs its SPL is one of the highest although the SQ isnt as good as alot of its competition but it still sounds good

Gold Member

Post Number: 1050
I personally consider both SQ and SPL when i think about hte best subs, that is why i didnt include them.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4698
yea the ti only makes the pros in 15s and 18s, very well worth it though. lol but i have heard them and there sq is still pretty decent

Silver Member

Post Number: 743
well then would you incluse the IDMAX since it has argubly the best SQ but it has low SPL in my opinion?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1058
I never made a list man, i was talkign specifically about the 9500's. If i did of a list they would be on it for sure.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 83
hey rudy if you dont car about the warranty too much you can get a 9512 off ebay for under $300 in a box.
I got my 9515 for 450 including shipping with a slot ported box
And it will do fine with 500 rms I had mine on an 801d for about a month just dont clip the amp. They can handle more than power than rated but I dont know about clipping. The only thing I would say is that you will need some midbass drivers

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 84
i stil think you should go with the 10 though

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
I was talking about the Eclipse Ti's (SW9122). It can be an SPL, SQ, or SQL sub easily....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I allready own a q-logic bandpass box that holds 2 10"s. Any thing I can do with that? I also have a q-logic sealed box that holds 2 10"s.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I allready own a q-logic bandpass box that holds 2 10"s and a sealed q-logic box that holds 2 10"s. Anything I can do with these?

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 372
Q-logic boxes are poorly made prebuilt peices of crap. You should pick your subs and have someone design a box specifically for that sub. Then you can eith build it yourself or have it built for you. That way you know the box is designed specifically for your woofer and not some crappy peice of crap :-)

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 88
To tell you the truth I doubt it. If you dont care alot about SQ then you probably could.
Bandpass boxes are extremely sub specific meaning they will really only sound best for the subs they were made for.

One of the experts here can give you more details on that.

I think your best bet would be to get the exact dimensions of the box from q-logic abd find what subs will work for it.

Oh and i wouldnt try and put the the 9510s in them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
Are you going for SPL or SQ? And what are the specs for that sub? I can design a box if you can give me QES and whatnot.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 24
I would have to agree with Ron about the 9510s and a q-logic box. It would prob blow the box into a million peices.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Well, this is the 3rd time it didnt log my post. Is anyone else having it happen to them as well??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I`m looking for SQ. How is the Alpine swx-1242D sub, is it any good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
IDMAX, Brahma, XXX, Avalanche just to name a few SQ/SQL subs. I think i allready said this before, but i will say it again. The Alpine isnt even the same league as the subs i have just listed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us