This is what I might get?

mallinckrodt
Unregistered guest
I want a 15" MTX 9500 in a P4S SS running off a 1000watt RMS amp in a CRX. Would this set up bump, I listen to alot of bass cds and rap; Or would I be better off getting the RE SX 15 for what I want. I have heard the MTX's outperform other subs in that box.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 65
go for it

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 659
i have a 12" 9500 and it sounds good and hits hard and in that box itll be even louder and all i listen to is rap so that sub will work perfectly..i havent heard the SX but ive heard the XXX and their SPL is supposed to be around the same so i would say that both of those are about the same in SPL

mallinckrodt
Unregistered guest
How many db's do you think it could hit?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 212
I can help you with a box for that crx with whatever sub(s) you go with. If you were to buy 12's I could design an enclosure for you that would be capable of breaking a world record.
Let me know if you want a serious box design.
Either way you go, I will help you out with set up for your rex that will just flat out slam.

mallinckrodt
Unregistered guest
Also, the amp I have is the Rockford 1000bd rated at 1000watts RMS @ 2ohms, will this for sure be enough power to run the MTX 9500 15?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 213
Personally?, I would go with a DD3515 if a 15 is what you want. Although a 2 or 4 12 set-up would be unstoppable.

mallinckrodt
Unregistered guest
I was thinking of the MTX 9500 15 because the Snail Shell is pretty much made for it and I hear it is the best performing sub in one. I have only heard good things about the 9500 in the SS. What do you think? Thanks for the box offer zac davis

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 900
I would go with an RE MT for pure SPL, or the XXX if you want good SQ and a Daily Driver. As far as the SX goes, it is basically an XXX without the SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us