Getting Max range out of Viper 2-Way responder sys

Username: Waverider

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I just got the Viper 690xv installed. When I left the installer and got home tested the system and was only getting a half block distance before out of range. Took it back to installer he moved the antenna (from hidden location) up above the rear view mirror on glass. Tested it out again and got double the previous distance which is now around a block. Is there anything else I can do to maxamize my distance? Relocate antenna to other parts of window (under factory tint perhaps) or maybe on back of my mirror. How about get more wire and extend the small antennas coming out of stock unit. I mean I'm not even close to 1/4 mile as stated by a long shot.

Username: Gemini21

Shreveport, LA

Post Number: 9
In the installation of the 791xv it states that the higher the control module is in the vehicle, the better the transmitter range will be. have dealer move the brain to somewhere higher. It also says If you put the control module under a seat or inside a metal dashboard, range will diminish.

rob123
Unregistered guest
gemini21: i think the 791xv manual is incorrect and should be talking about the attenna and not about the control module because otherwise there would be no need for the attenna if the attenna was in the control module.

gerry: i doubt you're gonna get the 1/4 mile stated maximum for system, because that's a best-case distance. especially if you're in an area with a lot of objects or RF activity around the 478mhz freq. (or whatever the freq. of the system is, don't remember). also, don't put it behind the tint, that'll diminish the distance.

rob

Unregistered guest
Tell me more. I just install 791XV on my toyota rav4 and all I get is about 200ft. What should I do???Installer put antenna right behind the rear view mirror on the windshield glass which has a small black shading part.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us