Maybe you can recommend , glasswolf?

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 597
This is my new box, with very close to 3.cu.ft of airspace completely sealed. The subs will be pointed toward the glass of my 2002 celica gt hatchback. What subs could you recommend for this?

I'm goin to be using 4 pioneer MRD amps to be unique. I forgot the verson but they put out 300w @ 2 ohms so I need some dvc subs with at least 600 watt rms.

I was wanting some Re But I dunno, too many choices.

I'm going to be buying with them whatever I make off my ebay subs.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjustinwagers

So any help is appreciated ;).

Also do you know how much a higher alt then stock would cost me? I don't think mine will handle a near 1k watt system.

BOX:
Upload

Car: ( Sorry the view of the window is crappy, just tyring to give you a perspective for where they'd hit )
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 600
ignore the amps.. I need some cheap ones suggest as well.. if anyone knows any. Maybe alpine or something?

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 604
bump anyone wanna help? lol

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 420
mabey 2 of these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2158 each ran off a mtx 801d amp. and what size of box is that 10 or 12 inch.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 606
12"

Username: John8x12

Post Number: 10
Sweet box. What about same alt and just a second battery? Right now, I'm pushing 3,900 watts and I still have a stock ford alt.

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 99
how did you manage that, how do you charge the other battery? explain your electrical system to me.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3841
It's called battery isolator.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 607
... I may just do that.. would save a ton.

Isaac you still got those xtants and amp? Willing to sell them ? anything? I know they are 10s but my girl wants a sq system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yeah, they are like hi tech sealed batteries that act a lot like a cap but also hold lots of power like a real battery. Batcap is one brand. I forget the name of the brand I have. It saved hundreds of dollars. A new alt. I would say part alone around $450. Then wiring and install.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I tried to include a picture, but I don't understand how to shrink them to 600x600....

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 102
copy the picture to word, then shrink it.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 608
you can put them in paint and resize them if you don't have any other photo editors ;) then just upload it using the option beside the preview/post message button.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks for the info!

Upload

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 623
omg.. that is sexy. :|

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 661
what brand are those amps i cant see it very well

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 894
That looks nice, but i am stupid, what are the orange things??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
The amps are Solid Audio (solidaudiousa.com). I have been running them for a couple months and I like them better than my old Xtant's. My Xtant's would always seem to overheat at the most inopportune times. The Solid Audio has yet to even stumble, and I can push them pretty hard at times.

The orange things are my power source to run the amps. One of those little things was able to run a speed boat one day at the lake here. They are like Batcap's but ugh I can't remember the brand name. Anyway, those are how I push 3,900 watts with only the factory alternator to charge the battery(ies).

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 614
so u just use those to run the system while u drive and just charge them when ur at home??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
No, they are quick charge. It's just they are so small that it doesn't take much to charge them. I'll have to give my installer a call today to find out the brand name.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Only time I'll post this (I'm about to get rid of them anyway), but here's a pic of my subs. Eight 12" Perfect Kappa series. In a sealed box.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
OK. Just one more pic since I'm a modest man and not much of a show off. Anyway, this is Justin's thread and I don't want to step on it.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9103
hmm for that Celica sealed, 12".. how much did you want to spend for the apir of subs?

not sure on alternator cost, but I'd guess around $300-400 to get one built.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 644
hey glass :D I'm getting 2 12" SX subs :P I already got one, trying to get another :P.. I'm needing an amp and/or amps to power them.. any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 992
Let me know when you find out about the orange things.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us