5,650w max Orion System, need help

Username: Prometheus

Post Number: 1
Hi Im new to the forum. I have a FX55 05' and I am ripping out the bose system for the following Orion components.

2 Orion H2 15.2 Subs(in box in the trunk)
2 Orion P5.2 mids(1 in each front door)
2 Orion P6.2 mids(1 in each rear door)
2 Orion 2500D Amps(1 for each sub)
1 Orion 8004 amp(for the mids at 200w each)
1 Pioneer Premier DEH-P80MP cd player

My question is, what alternator and battery should I put in my SUV to run this with no problem? What else should I get for max performance? And where can I get a good 17inch over head monitor like the WCC-OHDW17.2 17" (16:9) All in one DVD System w/ removable dvd like west coast custom makes?

Post Number: 2
Also, would a JL audio system be better?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9099
JL is probably better for components and subs.. amplifiers, it isn't going to make a huge difference.
the charging system will depend on how you plan to use this system.. SPL events, or while driving, etc..
another suggestion, put the larger separates in the front doors, and the smaller ones in back.
better front stage is important.

Post Number: 5
If thats the case shouldnt I just make front and back seats P6.2's? Also, I was just doing this for listening purpuses but since this will be over 3,000 I'll probly enter some competitions

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9114
well, rear fill is a big gray area.. some love it, some hate it.
if you have people in the back of the car a lot, the 6.2s all around are a good idea.. otherwise, you're better off with strictly midranges in back with a narrow bandpass filter on them instead of full ranges with tweeters.. otherwise you'll mess with your soundstage by having the rears too bright.
It'll also muff up your imaging by causing a drifting effect between the four speaker positions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
what do u mean drifting? And no, I dont have alot of people in the back
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us