Innies and Outies?

Username: Truth66

Post Number: 1
Can ports stick out from the enclosure?
I want to port 2 15" subs in the truck bed in to the cab.

Need some sage like advice.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 424
Yes ports can stick out. The reason most people don't do is because it looks weird. In your case it doesn't really matter because its going into the bed.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 583
.. yea i've seen ports that stick out as much as a foot or more.. the pipe kind.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3431
yes you can heres an example and keep in mind you can get more creative with looks and conversion technics using outside port ideas...heres a picUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3432
coversion technics like swappable ports and sealed plates ...i made a joke once on this subject about making header pipes using this approach ...if you were using one sub you could make one functional and the rest nonfunctional to create the appearance you want and you could paint the pipes or use whatever material you wanted heck how bout a mock up motor with those pipes lol ps...as you said you could also port into a cab or up through a deck depending on your project goals this is without the header pipe idea used of course hehe

Bronze Member
Username: Mlongpre

Post Number: 52
that is awesome...i never knew that you could hvae them come out that much...so if you needed approx 16 inches of port, you could have a few inches stinking out if you couldnt fit it all in the enclosure?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3433
you dont even need the port to go inside more than the wood thickness if you wanted

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9101
just remember that box volume should account for port colume as well as driver displacement.
Moving the port in and out of the box affects the amount of volume the port takes inside the box, thus affecting the box's net volume for air space.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 518
hmmmm. That's not to bad. I may build a box like that, but I'll use slot ports.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us