Jl Audio XR components

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 88
I just got some jl audio xr components and i was wondering whether or not i should go ahead and have them installed b/c i'm planning on getting a 4 ch amp in about 2 months. Also if i have them put them in now and just run them off deck power would i need dynamat and would the speakers be ok if i ran them off just my alpine head unit for a couple of months. I have 3 jl 12w3v2's and right now my system is bass heavy and i'm hoping that the components will help even if i don't have an amp for them yet.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 397
Yeah you could run them off of the hu until you get the amp. I would get some edead dynamat is overpriced. If you don't, your door will rattle.

Username: Mxl16

Post Number: 2
are you running your 3 w3v2s off of a 500/1? if so how does it sound. i am thinking switchin out my infinty perfect 12.1d's for 3 w3v2. i got a 500/1 and 300/4 and am replacing my infinity 3ways with all xr650csi.

Bronze Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 97
i'm actually running them off a rockford bd1001. it should be putting out a little under 900 watts cause it's running at 2.67 ohms. I think the subs sound amazing compared to my old audiobahn 15's. The sound quality is so much better they are louder and surprisingly deeper than my old 15's.

Anonymous

keep the 15's and get a bigger amp like 1000watts going to the 15's

Bronze Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 99
I sold the 15's my amp was 1000 watts going to the 15's b/c they were single 4 ohm voice coils. The 15's weren't loud enough my new JL 12's kill my old 15's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us