Got rid of the L7 for an M6...

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 20
I wish I would have done more research before I purchased my L7 (sealed 1cf box). I have forced myself to go from House/Trance music/Alternative, to HipHop/R&B because that is the only type of music the L7 really sounds good with. Otherwise, it the bass note is too low, the L7 won't play, and the same way if the bass note is too high. I really hate this sub. I've messed with the deck settings as well as them amp, it seems like nothing I do can make this sub sound good.

My new Diamond Audio M610D4 is on its way to my house. I knew a few people that have them, and Josh from Woofersetc recommended them for SQ. I'm only using one 10" sub in a 1.5cf vented box.

Is this a good trade off?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 506
ahhh...i listen to house and trance constantly...i had 2 12" L7s hits it hard and low just not alot of clarity...I'd check your subsonice filter setting...i hope your happy with your new diamond audio...but the L7 hits hard and low no matter what music...it has trouble with uppper bass (80-100 hz)...but many subs do...but lower bass, it should have no problem...your install may have had a problem because low bass shouldn't be a problem, especially with house/trance.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 561
I consider that diamond a great trade off, you'll be happy.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 651
ive heard that L7s are not meant for ported boxes..but yes you will definatly enjoy the SQ change between those subs

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 21
The L7 was in a 1cf sealed box, the M6 will be in a small ported box. Since I drive an S2000, I lose a lot of bass, especially with the top down.

Ryan, my subsonic filter is all the way down. The L7 has no problems hitting the deep percussion bass, but when it came to a low melodic bass note (like in a slow jam :/) it would skip some low notes. Could it be because I haven't hooked up my line driver yet? I'm using an Alpine deck, so I didn't think the pre-amp voltage would be much of a problem. Anyway, thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us