Realistic RMS Power

Username: Secretsoundz

St. Paul, Mn USA

Post Number: 1
I've been itching to rebuild a new stereo system since I sold/broke my old gear back in the day.

I'm interested in putting 2-12 audiobahn aw1200q's in my dual 2 cu ft box (ported 35hz fb). Theyre 700 RMS 1400 max (dual 4 ohms). I know I want to paralell them to 1 ohm. I have my eye on a Hifonica Brutus 1605B (1600 RMS @ 1ohm).

Will the projected 800 watts RMS to each speaker be dangerous? I just don't want to blow em, I want them to be strong and healthy. I know amps differ astronomically as far as real power output(mostly in perfect test environments). But the amp is class D and probably very efficient...

Also, what kind of measures should I take to assure proper power flow? Bigger than 4AWG wire?
What farad cap and do I need a second batt?

Thanks for hollerin back,
secretsoundz

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 390
Hifonics are a little overated, so you'll probably be feeding your subs about 700-750 watts. For the best results you will need 2 guage wire. You may need a HO alternator or an Optima yellow top.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1073
The gauge wiring you will need depends on how much current draw your amp has. A 4 guage wire has a maximum current flow of 125 amps so unless your amp is gonna need more then that 4 guage should be aight. You also need a fuse on the power cable that is the same size or slightly larger then the amps current draw.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9054
those subs will be fine with that amplifier
you'll want 1/0AWG power line, and a high output alternator paired with a deep cycle RG battery like a yellow top from optima
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us