A LOUD ENGINE POP !

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 97
Not car audio but for u all who complain about 'engine noise' ..........

READ THIS PARAGRAPH BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURES.

This will freak you out.

A guy in St. Louis was driving to work on Hwy I-44 when he heard a 'pop'. He thought it sounded like a flat tire, though his ride wasn't affected.
After pulling over, checking the tires and finding them intact he opened the hood to look at the motor. Before the hood was even all the way open he jumped back in shock and knocked his head on the partially opened hood, unable to believe what his eyes were seeing! Nobody was going to believe this! You sure wouldn't have either ! Fortunately, a coworker with a camera recognized him along side the road and stopped to see if he could help.
Now, this has to be right up there at the top of the list of unusual but verified, "Reasons I was late for work."

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

How many of u woulda sh1t your pants if this happened to U ! - LOL

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9036
sorta sad really.
we had a cat once that got up in the radiator fan in the engine compartment of a truck once.. guy started teh truck, cat shot out after it got smacked in the ehad with the fat blades.. cat was never right in the head after that.

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 98
Yeah - i do feel what the poor snake must have felt that few moments before it happened .

Show some females this & THEY will really flip out ,guaranteed ! - lol

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 372
Everyone and everything loves vtec.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9040
yeah I was actually surprised that honda had enough torque to do any significant damage to the snake. I figured the popping sound was just the crankshaft cracking, or a connecting rod snapping.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 407
thats a honda? i thought it was a Acura because of the little emblem on the engine looks like that weird "A"

here in Iowa you really got to watch it(in the winter) cats like to curl up under the hood because the engine is still warm from use, it happens all the time, it's sad

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 374
Honda/Acura have the same engines.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
CRIKEY!!!....LOOK AT THAT BLOKE!!!

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 379
Your alright mate. Your alright.

Username: Bigtuffy

Post Number: 1
LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 127
got the same kind of snake to bad it got out for that to happen but they are good escape artist

Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 7
muddywaters is now registered!!
aliases: jungala, basshead86,(will not be used anymore. wish i had registered before all those other times i had posted)

anyway, did the guy's insurance cover that

Bronze Member
Username: Josh2289

Post Number: 28
ouch

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 410
Introducing Hondas new snake powered 2 liter vtec engine that adds 40 more hp and 13 more ft-lbs.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 411
^of torque

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 33
Dang, where can I get one of those!? lmao

Anonymous

Thats gotta hurt !

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 917
I'm hunger for some tasty snake!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 159
I love my snake , I couldnt even imagine how I would feel if that happened to mine. I've had my baja gopher snake "Sir Hiss" for 11 years now.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 140
damn...thats a bigass snake too, I don't even think theres enough room in my civic's engine compartment to hold that thing.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9116
I think the snake was after the two hamsters Honda installs on that tread wheel to drive the car.. hehe

Silver Member

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 541
I think my hamsters are sick. my car doesn't start unless you hold the key in start for a while. Yes I do have an Accord. It's going to be H22 powered, so I can shut all those civic ricers up.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 286
Wish I had snake skin belts for my civic :-(

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 144
lol oso,

Man glasswolf you really hate honda's don't you? I love my civic. Is it reliable? yes. Does it get good gas mileage? yes. Is it fast? no.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3859
If it weren't for high gas prices, I would hate Honda too. Some b*tards are making tons of money over charging gas.
In Canada, almost half the price is made up of taxes! Talk about getting robbed twice, once by oil companies and 2nd time by the governments). Because the taxes are based on percentage, the higher the gas goes, the more money they take in.
I think I hate both our greedy governments and the oil b*tards.

Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 1
I agree with everything you just stated with. I am not from Canada, but the government still sticks it to us, as well as the dam price gouging owners of the stations.

Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 3
glad I still have my honda

Post Number: 4
Is running on rice a lot cheaper then gas, ice??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
it never logged my post. That has been happening alot lately. Please answer my question as i am curious to find out.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4399
Yeah, I was looking at profits of oil companies, I can't remember the specific company, I think it was Exxon/Mobil, they grossed over 7 trillion dollars in the first quarter of the year. Honestly, you think this is bad, go back to the early 80s. It is equivalent to being in the $3-4 range per gallon, inflation taken into account.

The funny thing is that people still don't realize that a 4 cylinder doesn't=gas mileage. The big killer of gas mileage is weight and aerodynamics. Put a V8 in a 2500lb car and watch gas mileage go into high 20s, possibly even 30mpg. The reason a midsize car suffers in the fuel economy region is because they are extremely heavy due to increasing crash test regulations. That being said, assume you are between the Accord and the Civic, the Accord being more powerful, more roomy, and more comfortable car. You drive 20,000 miles a year and gas is $2.40 a gallon. The Accord gets 24mpg all around, the Civic 31. Wow, a 7mpg difference, you may say. The Accord will cost you $2000 a year on gas, the Civic $1548. So you spend a whopping $37 extra a month more to own a more powerful, comfortable car. Add the fact that insurance companies add surcharges to compact cars because they are built like a tin can, and the end result is that you aren't really that much better off. $10 a week is a small price to pay to assure that your knees aren't pushed into your chest every time you drive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
How did you learn so much about cars Jonathon??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4401
Working on them all my life, building up performance cars. And of course educating myself on it. I've worked on enough Hondas and Toyotas to shun me from them, have a girlfriend that used to be one of the diehard Honda fans regardless of what went wrong or how much it cost. "It's worth fixing it, because it's a Honda, and after this, it'll never give me trouble again!". Then one day I decided to stop fixing the cars for her and made her take it to a mechanic, once she started seeing how much they charge to change out CV axles, transaxles, steering components, and other hoopla, she decided that it was her last one. And it saved me a LOT of hassle, one problem with a Honda kills your weekend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I almost got a foreign car, but my parents told me not to. I ended up going with a 2003 Monte Carlo because i like the looks of it and it drives really nice to me. I have spent most of my money on my car audio and this computer i just built that i dont have much money to add performance parts for my car.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9147
for the record, I don't hate Honda.. I just love making fun of them :-)

my lawn mower is made by Honda, and the pressure washer I'm looking at buying is a Honda, too!
you gotta admit.. the hamster joke was pretty funny :P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
As anyone seen that robot made by Honda, i beleive is name is Osimo. That robot is freaking sweet. I can wait till the 10 to 20 years down the road then that things will be dont all of my chores for me.

Post Number: 9
First of all,I'm not a ricer!! Second, this is going to be my first car so I'm glad to have anything. Third, Chris, you did see irobot right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Yes I did actually. It was an allright movie. This 2003 Monte Carlo is my first car and i am in college as well. It was 13000 dollars and i paid for it all on my own without any help from my parents. I work at Sears by the way, and i am 20 years old.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I'm 15 and have no job :-(. Well my parents have 3 cars, so I get to have the honda :-).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
IC. There is some punk that keeps typing random stuff in the busy thread that i made saying stuff about us(mainly me)

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 513
Beats walking!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
That is def true Jack. But, i would have to say that i would rather walk the ride in some of those POS off of pinp my ride on mtv before they pinp them out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Mass transit pwn3ns

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
there is no mass transit or whatever where i live, and i def do not live in a tiny town.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us