12w7 in a snailshell

LiCiD
Unregistered guest
I have a 12w7 in a custom sealed enclosure right now. I have seen these snailshell boxes on power4sound website and I watched some of the vids and they look like they are nice boxes. Would it make a big difference to put my w7 in a snailshell instead of the sealed? Basically, is it worth the $350 for that box.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
you will be amazed at how much louder a ported
box is

LiCiD
Unregistered guest
would a snailshell be louder than a slot ported. Because I can get a slot ported for like $60 where that snailshell, I have only found one site that has them, and they want $350 for it.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 406
depends how much you want to get into car audio, if you just want somthing that beats, and your friends are impressed with get any old box, but if you want to have great sq/spl and all of that , and go all out, get the snailshell box

you'll be surprised how much of a difference a box can make

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3856
I dont kn ow where you are gonna get a slot ported box for $60 unless you build it yourself. Dont think about putting that sub in a pre-fabbed box it will eat it for lunch. JL requires 1in mdf with a double front baffle for that sub so dont skimp on the box it will make or break your subs acoustic response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us